Thread: High(er) carb = low(er) fat? page 4

biko is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    150 g of meat. Is that net meat?
    But, how much meat are you doing daily?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biko View Post
    I can't do the half a cow a day + 40 eggs, my body will protest after like 2 days.
    2 days? My body would protest just looking at that.

I would say you're starving yourself of meat. As for carbs, by strict Primal they are a little high. But if you're not gaining any weight and/or you work the carbs off, then it works for you.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    It would be too simple. In France, we can be high carb high fat but french arteries are doing much better than other western arteries! What counts is the TYPE of fats and carbs. High refined sugar + high PUFAs are not a good combo ...
    Nooooo - You guys are just all doing the Dukan Diet--that's why you are all skinny!

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    Some of you are speaking about PUFAs, are any of you eating avocados? Just curious as I tried to eat close to a full avocado a day.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biko View Post
    But, how much meat are you doing daily?
    You'd sweat hard if you knew how much meat I eat in a day. Many, many hundreds of grams. But I'm trying to gain weight, so that's neither here nor there.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    2 days? My body would protest just looking at that.

I would say you're starving yourself of meat..
    What would be a 'healthy' amount then by primal?

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    Some of you are speaking about PUFAs, are any of you eating avocados? Just curious as I tried to eat close to a full avocado a day.
    A whole avocado is something like 2-3g polyunsaturate (same as 2 tbsp olive oil). If we're aiming for <10g/day it's not zero but certainly no dealbreaker either.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

ksrcrider is offline Member
    Carbs nor fat make you fat. This is the biggest mistake people make. Carbs are used for energy. There's no such thing is carb sensitive. That's all myths and "broscience" I eat tons of carbs a day.

People gain weight because their eating more than what there maintenance level a day is. Iv lost 80lbs eating ton of carbs. That's why tracking what you eat is very important and can do wonders for you on losing weight.

Lost make mistakes on slashing there calories way to much to start out with, once your bodies metabolism adopts to it you then stop losing weight and then have to drop it even more to the point where your barely eating anything and staving.

Once that happens people tend to give up and start eating like they used to and in result put on more weight then when they originally started. Why, because the body metabolism is already adapted to such low amount, now your shocking it with a huge load again.

It cracks me up to hear and see People doing all these super low carb diets and sugar and fat etc... Fats are super important with testosterone in men. Protein another important thing and most people don't eat enough.

Www.facebook.com/domination.inspiration
    Being consistent, gets results...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Get at least 0.7 gram protein per pound of body weight and at least 10% of calories from healthy fat! Everything else depends...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You'd sweat hard if you knew how much meat I eat in a day. Many, many hundreds of grams. But I'm trying to gain weight, so that's neither here nor there.
    Meatsweats. It's a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast