Thread: Baffled?! page

Gibtron is offline Member

Baffled?!

Primal Fuel
    Wondered if anyone could help-am pretty desperate!
    Am sad to admit unfortunately I am one of those that are fixed on the scales and numbers
    I'm a 31yr female whose main goal is weight loss I have problems with BE off and on but at the moment am under control
    Am baffled at the moment I CANNOT seem to shift weight no matter how hard I try, I am generally LC and love the way of PB, recent I have slightly lapsed due to not knowing why I'm gaining weight so haven't been having as much fat, but after a consistent gain(with NO BE involved)and a 5lb gain last week when I was LC high protein NO treats, I decided to try the potato hack again which I found REALLY successful at the beginning of the year.5days in ...2lb gain
    Have I over dieted my body?! I do find the older I am getting the harder it is to lose weight, and I KNOW that weight is only a number but it concerns me more the way the scales continue to creep up and there is no readon(that I'm aware of) as to why!
    I am currently 146lbs, my ideal which I've been before if below 140-ideally 136
    I just want to be fit and lean,I know I'm not massively overweight,but for me at 5"6 that extra 5-6lbs makes a difference!
    I sprint and move all day and lift heavy..help!
    I am away for the weekend but Monday I'm going to start PB again-fresh
    Is there anything anyone can suggest to help/avoid
    Do most avoid fruit, or? I do think I'm sensitive to sugars?
    Thanks guys!
    Anything appreciated
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Picture of you to assess bone mass and build?

Getting enough rest and relaxation?

Already check out Mark's list of reasons you aren't losing weight?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    1. Are you otherwise healthy?
    2. Are you stressed? How?
    3. What is a typical day of eating for you? What do the terms low carb, and high protein mean to you?
    4. How many times per day do you eat?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Urghhh a pic of me!
    I do massively struggle with rest and relaxation, and haven't even considered it could be this?!
    Otherwise healthy a previous knew dislocation but fit and well
    I suffer with stress and hate to admit that my weight and appearance cause me great stress
    I hate the way that I think and my mind works but was 4st heavier before and have developed a massive fear of gaining it back and a life of being unhealthy
    Normally salmon amd eggs for breakfast maybe eggs and spinach for lunch, and a protein ofprobably fish with large salad or veg for tea, sometImes followed by yoghurt normally fage
    I don't tend to snack anymore in between except for mayb when I return home from work due to lack of time
    I just want to be in a better body place but more importantly a better mind place
    The primal blueprint changed me so much last year and just want to get it back
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

peril is offline Senior Member
    Stress, sleep, sunshine and play should not be underestimated, particularly stress, sleep and sunshine. You definitely need to work on these.

Can't tell from your response how much of the macros you are eating. Sounds like you are definitely low carb, may be low fat and may be low protein. What is your estimate of your daily macro intake, in grams?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I would say my diet is definitely low carb, low fat but I would probably say the majority of the time it's quite high protein,I'm not exactly in the know with macro intake tho so couldn't say for sure
    But I do think I need to get a grip on the stress side of things,but sometimes it's a vicious circle

Just want to be happy and content with myself!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    So you're not really overweight, you're starving yourself (low carb and low fat??!?? Does not compute), and you're messing around with potato hacks? You sound extremely stressed out over a couple of vanity pounds.

If you're lifting heavy, you may be offsetting fat losses with muscle growth. This is a good thing. A pound of muscle is far smaller than a pound of fat. Do your clothes fit you better? You can't strength train and expect the scale to consistently go down.

Relax. Seriously.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I'd be more concerned about your mental state than your 10 pounds.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    my advice would be to get a kitchen scale and log your macros for a few days to see what you actually are eating, then post them for others to see if they can help. More importantly--those last few pounds will resist unless you tackle sleep and stress. Meditation, try magnesium, follow Mark's suggestions regarding sleep. Re your stress over how your body looks: yeah, we all can relate to that (just look at how many hacks people try for one or two bf%). Learn to value your body--and let it look the way YOUR BODY will look, regardless of weight. That doesn't mean that you don't want to drop some fat, but that you value the beauty of your body no matter what. Start by locating those parts of your body that, even now, you find lovely: maybe you have soft, even skin on your arms. Or great calves. Keep doing PB, but learn to love your body, because believe me, if you're like 90% of women (and probably men) out there, no matter if you reach your LGN goal, you will always find that part of your body you "could" or "want to" improve. You will need to learn then to let it be, to love those skinny calves anyway (that's mine...).

Until you love that body, extra pounds and all, it will rebel like a teenager and stand there "in your face," DARING you to love it. And you will stay wrapped in that stress...

Good luck!