Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race! page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race!

Let's keep it simple. Starting photo, plan of action (food, workouts), and occasional updates.

Starting photo:

Plan of eating: steak and eggs, warrior style, about 1600 calories a day, duration approx 1 month from now, or whenever I think my abs are popping enough to WIN!!! Bwah hah! This is a RACE after all. :P

Workouts: Something every day. Greasing the groove, no strict plans, just go to exhaustion for a few days in a row and then rest for a day or two in between. Today I bolted up 7 flights of stairs, did 10 slo-mo L-sit overhand pull-ups, rested 2 min, did 7 more, ran down the stairs, did 15 dips, climbed down the ladder into the stairwell, clocked into the time clock and hit the gym for two minutes of curling 40 pound free weights, slow and steady, got about 30 reps out, with rests between.

Start date: 9-4-13
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Plan of eating: sugar! Hummingbird style? Macros are something like 60c/30p/10f. Lots of liquid sugar! Staples are orange juice, milk, fruit, the white stuff, coffee, random animal proteinz, gelatin. Calories around 2500-3000 most days, no fasting, nothing primal approved about it. :P

Exercise: similar to knife, lots and lots of random shit. Mostly calisthenics throughout the day, will try to get to the gym for heavy lifting maybe twice a week. No cardio!

Will update more when im not on phone.
    Last edited by Zach; 09-05-2013 at 08:43 AM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Yay!! Revival of the steak and eggs! I am commenting just so this is easier to follow on my phone app.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    duration approx 1 month from now, or whenever I think my abs are popping enough to WIN!!!

This is a RACE after all.
    Except in *most* races there is a clearly defined endpoint, not just when one competitor calls END at the moment he thinks he is winning.

Oh Knifegill you are quite the character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

peril is offline Senior Member
    Surely it has to be decided by an arm wrestle
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    really, an arm wrestle is like the manliest option
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

I am actually doing that from now on at work. A cardio queen here thinks he's super fit and healthy because he logs miles on the treadmill, and he tries to give out advice. Repeatedly. Next time, it's show time - arm-wrestler winner is right. lol.

-Yes, of course, one month from now - not when I happen to be lean and want to claim a win, ha ha.

Just got in some light, short runs around the building to get stuff done, and popped into the gym to do 4 quick 50-pound dumbbell curls + overhead presses. Is it 100 pound if you're holding 2? Because that's what I do - 50 pounds per hand...

Having a cup or two of green tea, might try to switch my coffee out for green tea if it will carry molasses well. I recall being leaner when I dropped coffee once, maybe bloat as mentioned in that other thread. And I know green tea is DEFINITELY anti-inflammatory, and does cause me to dump water weight. Another tool in the toolbox.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hello Knifegill,

Try this: “BarStarzz: Increase your Pull-Ups” - BarStarzz
    Should be quite efficient.

I was watching that barstarzz and it's just too complicated, seems like a drag. I can incorporate some of those principles, though. I do like the 1 rep, wait, 2 rep, wait progression. Might just throw that in there.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's not complicated after you try it once, and you get results in 3-4 weeks!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast