Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race! page 9

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hah, lol. No, even when I lived on macaroni and cheese this was true. My parents and teachers were stymied that I could climb trees easily and hurl large stones, but couldn't perform other simple tasks like crawling slowly, etc., without my muscles cramping and seizing. No matter what I eat.

Sometimes when I'm doing push-ups, or especially planks, etc., I have to stop - not because I'm tired or in any way challenged, but because I can feel my thighs contracting beyond the point of no return into cramp territory. Even when the thighs are not seemingly the muscles being challenged, they will start to cramp if I try to rely on them for postural stability for more than a few moments.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Mini_mi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    It's pretty easy to do 1000 pushups over the course of several hours if you keep the sets to 10 or 15 reps. I occasionally throw in a 1000 pushup day for fun with no soreness or anything.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Hmmm forgive me if I'm a little skeptical on the few hours timeframe. If your doing em in sets of 10-15 your doing 75-100 sets.
    I do 400-500 push-ups daily in sets of 50 and wouldn't even try to do 1000 in 2 hours. Maybe it's just that I'm 55 and can't keep up with you young studs. I usually do 1 or 2, 1000 push-up days but it is usually in sets of 50 every half hour.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Well, body fat is vanishing rapidly - from my arms, lol. I swear my abs look only marginally better at this point.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini_mi View Post
    Hmmm forgive me if I'm a little skeptical on the few hours timeframe. If your doing em in sets of 10-15 your doing 75-100 sets.
    I do 400-500 push-ups daily in sets of 50 and wouldn't even try to do 1000 in 2 hours. Maybe it's just that I'm 55 and can't keep up with you young studs. I usually do 1 or 2, 1000 push-up days but it is usually in sets of 50 every half hour.
    Don't want to spoil the fun by saying so, but I find it a little crazy to spend so much time doing push-ups ... just saying, the day only has 24h But I am very impressed by the ability to do so many. I can hardly do 3 sets of 30 push-ups (with 5mn rest in-between) and I am not interested in doing more than that, takes too much time as it is.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well, body fat is vanishing rapidly - from my arms, lol. I swear my abs look only marginally better at this point.
    The abs are the toughest to get ripped and I don't know, you may have to completely change your diet to get there ... damned stubborn fat!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Don't want to spoil the fun by saying so, but I find it a little crazy to spend so much time doing push-ups ... just saying, the day only has 24h But I am very impressed by the ability to do so many. I can hardly do 3 sets of 30 push-ups (with 5mn rest in-between) and I am not interested in doing more than that, takes too much time as it is.
    Hey Frenchfry,
    The actual time doing the push-ups isn't that much. Each set takes about 90 seconds. So, the total for a day (10x90 sec), 15 min. That's spread throughout the day. I don't have to go anywhere, dress up in gym clothes, don't need any equipment. My total workout adds up to around 30 min/ day, 6 days a week.

The abs are the toughest to get ripped and I don't know, you may have to completely change your diet to get there ... damned stubborn fat!
    Yup,
    On men, stomach Is the very last place to lose fat. Women, it's thighs.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini_mi View Post

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I've been sub 10% and hung out with ALOT of sub 10% fellas through my 16 years of wrestling. Abs are not a forgone conclusion even in that group of people. I would say only 1/3 of those that reach significant leanness ( 10% or less) to see their "abs" actually have that washboard look so associated with it. Some just carry that last bit of fat right in that region genetically or maybe they just don't have rippling abs....

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, I had a good friend who was both super anabolic and catabolic. Just switch things up for like a week and his body would respond pretty drastically in whatever direction he wanted. Kinda pissed me off actually. Dude coulda been a freak of a bodybuilder if that was what he wanted....but instead he was our 150lb wrestler. Sick genetics for building muscle.
    Probably not genetics. Anabolic processes work best when equally opposed with catabolic processes. The more you tend in one direction the more the returns diminish.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast