Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race! page 13

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Moluv! I will definitely check out "Birthing from Within" and present it to the wifey. She is reading and researching a bunch of stuff as she gets advice from all her nursing friends who are natural birth mommies. That is a huge accomplishment that you had two natural births. I want to make sure that even if the wife decides last minute that she does want a little something to ease her pain that she wasn't a total failure. I know some women who back out of their plan tend to feel really cruddy about it if things change. The last thing I want to do is for her to feel bad about it. But I think if she is more aware of what things she is supposed to feel and what is normal that will really help. She knows it will be the most painful thing she has ever endured in her life. Being in a hospital with staff that are pushy about the drugs is a scary thing though. When shit hits the fan I might have to make some key decisions for her that we have already discussed in advance.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    She knows it will be the most painful thing she has ever endured in her life.
    I have to disagree with this kind of thinking and this is why. The birth process is a slow and gradual unfolding of multiple physiological processes on a feedback loop. Staying present, staying relaxed, being safe and comfortable go a loooong way in allowing all of this to unfold in a way that is perfectly manageable, and sometimes even enjoyable by any woman. Hormones will be released to help cope with the pain, as long as drugs are not interfering. When the baby comes out the feeling of relief is overwhelming, almost orgasmic. Other kinds of sudden, external injuries for which the body is not prepared to cope with are far more painful, IMO. Think teeth knocked out, broken bones, shark attack, gunshot wound etc- that is real pain. The Birthing from within book explains the physiology and feedback loop so well and I credit that book 100% (well maybe also yoga/meditation training as well) with teaching me what I needed to know to harness my birth power.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    And also:

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Still waiting for ab pics.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Also still waiting for ab pics.

Re: childbirth. I've had two of my three kids via natural childbirth. For one of them I was in labor for 24 hours, pushed for 5 hours. It was painful, yes, but not unbearable. Having rotator cuff surgery is more painful than childbirth (I've had that too).

Zach is offline Banned
    Heres that pic from like a week (2weeks?) ago. I havnt gotten around to weighing myself or takin pics, prob just wait till the finish line.

Still a nice layer of fat covering up my abzz. Havnt really been trying hard, knifes putting me to shame with his workouts. Ill put in an effort this next two weeks, i promise.

Last edited by Zach; 09-22-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Nice sleeve! Better pic of it, please. :-)

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Zach, I don't call that fat or flab. Just cozy. Knife...progress ab photo..we're shameless.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Nice sleeve! Better pic of it, please. :-)
    ditto!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely not there yet, aesthetically. I've pushed myself to new limits physically, but either the workout stress, the reduced calories, or too much salt/other bloat are blocking me! Or, if the peanut gallery will refrain from hurling, it might even be my very low carbohydrate intake. I've been leaner, but it was solely by food I think. Either way, at this point, I've definitely commanded my body to build and conserve muscle. It's just time to accelerate fat loss. I usually lose or gain gradually, over months, not weeks.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast