Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race! page 12

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    You hate being numb, but you havent given birth yet. I did have an epidural. I am glad I did and I can tell you that my fiesty 28 yo daughter is a testament. You being in horrid pain is not necessarily good for the baby or you. Sorry but I had to advocate for being reasonable.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    It's not just that I don't like being numb; it's really frightening for me. I had epilepsy in my teenage years. They were grand mal seizures that--of course--paralyzed my whole body, while also making my body hurt like tons of pins and needles stabbing me everywhere. Most people don't remember their seizures, but I was fully conscious for all of them. The seizures would start with a numbing in my feet. Anyway, I really don't want to be numbed. During the birthing class, I had no problem hearing about tearing, ripping, horrible cramping, etc--but when they started to talk about epidurals, it really messed with me. I hate not being in control of my body. My mother and grandmother never needed epidurals, and nor did women for thousands of years. I'd like to try to have my baby without pain meds. If necessary, though, I'll go for then IV narcotics. I understand the stress of the pain can inhibit labor as well as stress out the baby. I totally understand why many women chose epidurals. They just terrify me...

Zach is offline Banned
    Alder, my son was two weeks overdue and i think it was probably the best thing possible for his development. He came out with a full head of hair and able to hold his head up on night 1. Btw we had a midwife and the plan was to do a natural birth, unfortunately after 12 hours of laber she was not making any progress be ause she had scar tissue from a tumor and so we ended up atthe hospital and getting drugs. She was happy after 14+ hours of drug free labor and in the end it was really good that we were at the hospital because she hemoraged after he came out and it probably would have ended badly at home.

Anyway, not trying to freak you out! Hope you have a midwife/doula so that the docs cant pressure you into doing something you dont want. It was the best 5k we spent and my son is much healthier for it.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    No one would object to seeing pictorial evidence of this success, I am sure of it.
    Need to get a more recent photo as I've dropped a bit of bodyfat, but I've posted my pictures a few times in various threads. You can see me at my lowest Paleo weight and a photo I took about a month ago on the landing page of this thread (1st photo at 165 lbs and after muscling up a bit in the second photo at 174 lbs which I took shortly after my 61st Birthday) . -

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60996.html
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Alder, my son was two weeks overdue and i think it was probably the best thing possible for his development. He came out with a full head of hair and able to hold his head up on night 1. Btw we had a midwife and the plan was to do a natural birth, unfortunately after 12 hours of laber she was not making any progress be ause she had scar tissue from a tumor and so we ended up atthe hospital and getting drugs. She was happy after 14+ hours of drug free labor and in the end it was really good that we were at the hospital because she hemoraged after he came out and it probably would have ended badly at home.

Anyway, not trying to freak you out! Hope you have a midwife/doula so that the docs cant pressure you into doing something you dont want. It was the best 5k we spent and my son is much healthier for it.
    Congratulations Zach...Good to hear everything worked out safely! Wishing the 3 of you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I already have plenty of muscle, the goal of this contest to to rapidly dispose of some body fat to be able to SEE said muscle. You can see in post one, I am no hulk, but definitely no string bean. I like being in the middle, to be honest. When I get too heavy, monkey bars get harder to play on.

As an addendum, I don't have any money for a new wardrobe, so my arms can't get too much bigger. If I had money, I'd love to keep adding muscle. I have neither the grocery or the wardrobe budget for it.
    I hear you. Wasn't talking about a lot of muscle but 2 or 3 pounds would definitely help with the fat loss.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Need to get a more recent photo as I've dropped a bit of bodyfat, but I've posted my pictures a few times in various threads. You can see me at my lowest Paleo weight and a photo I took about a month ago on the landing page of this thread (1st photo at 165 lbs and after muscling up a bit in the second photo at 174 lbs which I took shortly after my 61st Birthday) . -

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60996.html
    Yes, I've seen those will be waiting patiently for the update

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I hear you. Wasn't talking about a lot of muscle but 2 or 3 pounds would definitely help with the fat loss.
    I hear you, man. And I agree.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Awesome Zach. My wife is 35 weeks preggo right now with our first kid. We have been meeting with the doula/midwives and we have a plan. Hopefully we stick to our natural birth without any problems. I am prepared for a plan B just in case things take a turn for the worse. My wife is a pediatric nurse and we were shocked after we watched the documentary "The business of being born". Hopefully she makes it to 40 weeks and is late instead of early.

A couple of our friends recently had kids as well and planned to do it naturally. But the pain was too much and both women asked for drugs right away. So they recommended that we have a plan B just in case
    Last edited by Balance; 09-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    We still going till someone has abs or is there a time limit?
    Just noticed this, sorry. I though I said somewhere we were stopping at the....4th? Or was it the sixth? Let's call it the 6th for those extra two days of cuttin'!

Church kind of got in the way, now I'm making up the lost time. I'm at 430 push-ups, plan on hitting 600 today. Sets of 15 proved too brutal so I can't play catch up on lost time. Which means I am doing sets of ten until I hit it.

Edit:
    Ended up getting to 600, but the last 60 reps were done in 5's every minute. I think I sold myself short. I should have done more reps per time frame or shorter time frames. Not sure which is better.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Awesome Zach. My wife is 35 weeks preggo right now with our first kid. We have been meeting with the doula/midwives and we have a plan. Hopefully we stick to our natural birth without any problems. I am prepared for a plan B just in case things take a turn for the worse. My wife is a pediatric nurse and we were shocked after we watched the documentary "The business of being born". Hopefully she makes it to 40 weeks and is late instead of early.

A couple of our friends recently had kids as well and planned to do it naturally. But the pain was too much and both women asked for drugs right away. So they recommended that we have a plan B just in case
    That's awesome balance. I had a natural birth in the hospital with an OB, and a home birth with a midwife for the second. A book that helped me avoid having to resort to any plan B's is called Birthing From Within and it teaches women (and men) how to understand the "birthsong" if you will. It's hard to explain I think but staying in the present moment, breathing normally, spacing out, moving as she pleases, being made comfortable and feelig safe- these things allow the physiology of birth to unfold as it is designed to do.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast