Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race! page 11

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    It is my sincerest hope that you do not get pressured into an induction you do not need or want. It is something of a standard practice nowadays, and doesn't always result in the best possible outcomes for mother, father or baby.
    My doctor would like to induce me at 41 weeks... which is only a few days away! (Luckily she's basing our due date on Last Menstrual Cycle--when I calculate our due date based on conception, it comes out at the 13th, putting us past 41 weeks already). We made a point of telling her that we wanted to let the baby come out in it's own timing, and she said the latest she'd wait is the 42 week, which makes sense. I really don't want to be induced, considering the extra pain as well as stress on the baby, and the higher risk of c-section. I also hate the thought of an epidural (the dangers to me and baby, as well as having a needle in my spine, as well as being numbed--I HATE being numb!). So, while I really don't want to stress about when Baby will come out, I figure I should do as many natural labor-inducers as possible to help baby along so we don't need induction!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    My doctor would like to induce me at 41 weeks... which is only a few days away! (Luckily she's basing our due date on Last Menstrual Cycle--when I calculate our due date based on conception, it comes out at the 13th, putting us past 41 weeks already). We made a point of telling her that we wanted to let the baby come out in it's own timing, and she said the latest she'd wait is the 42 week, which makes sense. I really don't want to be induced, considering the extra pain as well as stress on the baby, and the higher risk of c-section. I also hate the thought of an epidural (the dangers to me and baby, as well as having a needle in my spine, as well as being numbed--I HATE being numb!). So, while I really don't want to stress about when Baby will come out, I figure I should do as many natural labor-inducers as possible to help baby along so we don't need induction!
    So go eat a bunch of bbq.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You hate being numb, but you havent given birth yet. I did have an epidural. I am glad I did and I can tell you that my fiesty 28 yo daughter is a testament. You being in horrid pain is not necessarily good for the baby or you. Sorry but I had to advocate for being reasonable.

Last edited by oceangrl; 09-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Ha Ha....These forums make me laugh. I hadn't checked in for a while, so I dropped in to see how the Zach and Knifegill were doing with their friendly challenge and what do I see? An ad on Cosmetics and two women discussing inducing birth. Obviously need to read the blog to see how the conversation arrived here.
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-21-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, this thread has veered to port and nearly capsized. So back to it!

Today:
    Food:
    I woke up and - likely because I ate well over 2000 calories yesterday, was barely hungry. But I planned on working out a lot today, so I took a few bites of cheese and a few bites of kombucha jello. This is odd for me because I normally eat an entire block of cheese and ALL my kombucha jello. Something, maybe deeper keto or stress from sprinting, has dulled my hunger. Now having my last food for the day, an 8 ounce steak cooked in bacon grease and topped with potasium salt, parsley, cumin, pepper, and turmeric. At most I might chase it with a bit of kombucha, which is barely of caloric significance. I will be gorging on free church coffee and green tea at will. I'll edit post if I crumble and eat again. :P

Exercise:
    Took a speed walk 3/4 mile to the mail box, and started a Q10 pushupx10 session via my watch timer. Did some heavy trotting on the way home, and already have 4 sets of 10 push-ups under the belt. I doesn't seem like much. Yet. I'm betting by 8 pm I'll be singing a different tune. And for any time I'm driving or sitting in church or otherwise unable to drop and give me ten, I have to make up those push-ups in the sets to follow, so instead of 10's I'll bust out 13's or 14's until I'm caught up, since I owe 60 push-ups per hour.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lol..so true. Get back to work you two.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    You know what would really get this thread back on track is some ABS PICS

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Personal update, since finishing steak and eggs I've been staying in the 75 to 150 carb range and doing a solid progressive resistance routine. Gained another few pounds of muscle and got my body fat levels under 11%. I think you need to really focus on muscling up to lean out. I'd switch off the body weight muscle endurance training and try a standard split body building routine for a month or two. Focus on adding weight each week and watch the muscles grow - it'll ramp metabolism and boost your testosterone levels - oh and get to the track twice a week and run some 100s. I'm currently doing two days of 10 X 100 meters.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Personal update, since finishing steak and eggs I've been staying in the 75 to 150 carb range and doing a solid progressive resistance routine. Gained another few pounds of muscle and got my body fat levels under 11%. I think you need to really focus on muscling up to lean out. I'd switch off the body weight muscle endurance training and try a standard split body building routine for a month or two. Focus on adding weight each week and watch the muscles grow - it'll ramp metabolism and boost your testosterone levels - oh and get to the track twice a week and run some 100s. I'm currently doing two days of 10 X 100 meters.
    No one would object to seeing pictorial evidence of this success, I am sure of it.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I already have plenty of muscle, the goal of this contest to to rapidly dispose of some body fat to be able to SEE said muscle. You can see in post one, I am no hulk, but definitely no string bean. I like being in the middle, to be honest. When I get too heavy, monkey bars get harder to play on.

As an addendum, I don't have any money for a new wardrobe, so my arms can't get too much bigger. If I had money, I'd love to keep adding muscle. I have neither the grocery or the wardrobe budget for it.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast