Thread: Pre Paleo vs. current blood test results page

ebmoore is offline Junior Member

Pre Paleo vs. current blood test results

Interesting, I just received my blood test results after being reviewed for a new life insurance policy, oh and by the way I got denied the insurance. The letter stated that due to my blood test results and family history of heart disease as the reason for the denial. I'm 43 and have been on the paleo diet for 6 months now and pretty much stick with the eating plan 95% of the time with the occasional cheat (pizza, beer, etc). I'm 5'11 167 pounds and feel fantastic since converting from the SAD diet. So below are my blood test numbers, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cholesterol. Pre-paleo 207, Current. 247
    HDL. 49, 82
    LDL. 135, 144
    Triglycerides 117, 103

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Your numbers are all improving.

Sucks about the insurance. If you want to lower your total and LDL cholesterols, you should probably lower your saturated fat intake.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    You can't win with this regarding studies. If your studies turn out to be good according to medical standards, and everyone says Paleo is successful. If they get worse, then they say that the medical standard is wrong and that your numbers look good.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Would you have been denied pre-Paleo? Probably. That really stinks. Your HDL leap is awesome!

What are you going to do?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel