Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: digestive issues & bloating my whole life, even with primal page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have you ever tried taking digestive enzymes and betaine hcl to aid digestion and improve gastric emptying? These really helped with my GI issues - especially when combined with a low lectin paleo diet.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

daniellad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Have you ever tried taking digestive enzymes and betaine hcl to aid digestion and improve gastric emptying? These really helped with my GI issues - especially when combined with a low lectin paleo diet.
    Hi there, yes im taking pro-biotics as prescribed and also slippery elm powder and apple cider vinegar. I haven't looked into the low pectin thing but will give it a go. i'm happy to cut down on anything which will help. I'm just frustrated that the food intolerances are new yet the symptoms have existed since I was a child.

Thanks for the help

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    There's a paleo nutritionist in Auckland - she has a great reputation and isn't hugely expensive. She's pretty good at helping people to systematically figure out what's needed.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    There's a paleo nutritionist in Auckland - she has a great reputation and isn't hugely expensive. She's pretty good at helping people to systematically figure out what's needed.
    Great thanks! i'll look into it

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellad View Post
    Hi there, yes im taking pro-biotics as prescribed and also slippery elm powder and apple cider vinegar. I haven't looked into the low pectin thing but will give it a go. i'm happy to cut down on anything which will help. I'm just frustrated that the food intolerances are new yet the symptoms have existed since I was a child.

Thanks for the help
    How about the betaine HCL?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    could also be because of your posture.

i did some postural work with my physiotherapist/teacher recently, and the gas/bloating that I experienced throughout my life was gone basically as soon as I "undid" the posture.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like SIBO to me.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gutThe book price is $9.99.

I put my blood, sweat, and tears in making sure that this ebook is one of the best literary pieces written in regard to digestive health. You want detailed cutting edge information on probiotics and digestive enzymes, BAM, itís all searchable in an easy to read kindle format.

innadoom is offline Member
    have you been checked out for h. pylori?

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Sounds like SIBO to me.
    I agree. I have the same constant bloating that makes it look like I'm always 5-6 months pregnant. After LOTS of research and testing, I've tested positive for SIBO, leaky gut and a candida overgrowth (fuuuuun). Unfortunately, SIBO can be a real bitch to get rid of, especially if you've had it for awhile. It's definitely worth looking into though. Do some research and see if some of the symptoms match up to what you experience.

Quote Originally Posted by innadoom View Post
    have you been checked out for h. pylori?
    No I haven't. I've only had a few minimal tests done, im not confident in the accuracy to be honest! i'll ask about it and see
    Thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast