Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of buying a mini-freezer page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A 7 cu ft chest freezer is going to take up some space, but it's worth the sacrifice. Tiny ones aren't worth it.

I used to have a huge chest freezer way back when I was married. I ended up with an upright that's about 12 cu ft, and am thinking about getting a chest freezer to make it possible to buy more beef.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh wow, that's really big.
    heh heh...that's what she said. zing!

honestly, it doesn't take up that much room. and when I compared it to the 5 cu ft one, it was only slightly bigger. they are the same exact height and depth, and the 7 cu ft one is 9 inches wider. that's it. so for the extra $40 and only 9" width, it was definitely worth it
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    The little 5.5 actually hold a lot. The 7 cf was too big for me. I keep mine out on my deck. Costco had the 7 cf for $176. I forget what the brand is.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    heh heh...that's what she said. zing!

honestly, it doesn't take up that much room. and when I compared it to the 5 cu ft one, it was only slightly bigger. they are the same exact height and depth, and the 7 cu ft one is 9 inches wider. that's it. so for the extra $40 and only 9" width, it was definitely worth it
    I guess I will have to go take a look. I want to put my dehydrated backpacking food (protect it from bugs) in it so maybe a small one is big enough. But if I had a bigger one, maybe I could buy part of a cow. I didn't even know they made these mini freezers until recently.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a chest freezer and absolutely LOVE it. I don't know what I ever did without it. The extra storage allows me to buy 1/2 hog or 1/4 cow at a time. Also, a chest freezer does not have a defrost cycle like the freezer in a standard fridge. This means WAY less freezerburn on your food. The ice does build up on the sides, but personally I would much prefer to chip ice off once a year than to have my meat get freezerburned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12