Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Primal in Estonia page

natashik85 is offline Member

Going Primal in Estonia

Shop Now
    Well, it has been 4 days since I and my boyfriend decided to take up on 30 day challenge.

Rather our version of it - we still left diary in our diet (both very fond of raw milk and sour cream and butter). But we eliminated all grains, sugar (except for fruits) and processed food (Woop-Woop to me spending 2-3 hours a day in the kitchen -I hope it will get better in time).

So far so good, but I think I just been hit by low-carb-flu when I am so sleepy and feeling tired all the time, that I really have to push myself to do things. I love dancing and I have to push myself to go to dance training today (1st time after long brake). Moreover I have to push my boyfriend too (because he agreed to participate in ballroom dancing trainings with me) because he was hit by that flu along with major sugar-craving. Me being naturally lazy person is not helping either. BUT what is helping a lot are the Success Stories I read here. So thank you guys for sharing. I hope to be the one to inspire first-time-Grokers someday.

So far my weight 88.1 kg (194 lbs), Boyfriend houses a major 131.6 kg (290 lbs).
    We measured ourselves as well. Here is where we stand (measured in cm):

Me BF
    Neck 34 48
    Bicep 36 43
    Chest 99 128
    Waist 86 131
    Hips 122 125
    Thigh 70 75
    Calf 27 27

Let the journey towards the better healthier life begin...
    Last edited by natashik85; 10-15-2013 at 07:38 AM.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natashik85 View Post
    Woop-Woop to me spending 2-3 hours a day in the kitchen -I hope it will get better in time).
    It will be simpler with time, especially when you feel like skipping breakfast, and even lunch some days. Like before yesterday, i ate a big chunk of calf liver with french fries at dinner, with a few fruits and some kefir. I did not eat for almost 30 hours after that! I drank my usual black coffee and had green tea and water here and there. I broke the improvised fasting time with bone broth, some macadamia nuts and a couple of green bananas. Have not been really hungry because liver gave me a huge vitamin and mineral boost.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    It will be simpler with time, especially when you feel like skipping breakfast, and even lunch some days.
    Thank you! I believe it will be. I have tried something similar to Paleo 2 years ago for couple of months ang got down from 98 to 81 kilograms. I used to IF occasionally and found that it really helped. But then I kind of went back to 88 again. That I think is because when me and my boyfriend started living together we gained some "love-weight" (you know when he says something like "Honey, I'd like some pancakes or a pie. And maybe we don't go out tonight but just cuddle in front on TV with a jar of ice-cream" - and you can't say no). So it has been 9 months since then and I decided to take my (and his) health back to moving toward right direction. Now it is only the beginning of our journey and it still feels like we will want to eat 2-3 meals a day for a while. :P

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natashik85 View Post
    That I think is because when me and my boyfriend started living together we gained some "love-weight" :P
    Ha! Funny, when I met my wife, it was the opposite for obvious reasons But then, when she got pregnant and we started to have a hectic time at home with a newborn (and once again 1 year later), yeah, the "love weight" crept up badly. This turned me to the primal stuff ... I lost like 15kg in 3 months ... but I regained some since because I put on muscle mass. With all that energy, I had to start to get serious about physical workout ...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Ha! Funny, when I met my wife, it was the opposite for obvious reasons But then, when she got pregnant and we started to have a hectic time at home with a newborn (and once again 1 year later), yeah, the "love weight" crept up badly. This turned me to the primal stuff ... I lost like 15kg in 3 months ... but I regained some since because I put on muscle mass. With all that energy, I had to start to get serious about physical workout ...
    Wow! great result! I am hoping for something similar in the future The more I learn from MDA, the more determined I am to stick to Grok's lifestyle as much as possible. I want to be and look healthy

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Tere Natashik! Welcome to the forum and good luck with it.

You don't always have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen as there's always quick alternatives - especially eggs if you like them! They're very versatile. Another thing I like to do is cook a lot of food one day when I have more time and then there are lots of tasty leftovers in the fridge.

Tere to you too, Pineneedles.

I was actyally planning to do so but then life happened and mixed all my plans

Nevertheless I will try to do more food this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Red face To remember what I already achieved once and to keep me going

Today I am feeling a bit low on motivation (because everyone in the office are having a chocolate cake now).

So, I am not entirely new to this lifestyle. I tried something similar before. In a TV-show. For whole Estonia to see and judge. That actually went quite well.

The TV Show was local version of Dance Your Ass Off. I was actually the "slimmest" along all the contestants with what I think was my absolute highest weight – 98.5 kg (217lbs):

I think its the highest weight I had because I never even owned the scales before that show. I bought them specifically for it.

For all my life I never was a skinny girl. Got all the bullying in school for a while and then decided to change things. I changed my style in clothes that were now accentuation my waist an showing off mu curves. I started participating in all kinds of after school activities (except sport) and all of a sudden became popular in school

So I was quite happy with myself on the outside (while on the inside I was still uncertain and unconfident) and didn’t even think that something was so wrong with me (even after I couldn’t breathe normally after 1 flight of stairs). I almost never dieted (except for occasional low-fat-full-of-sugar products that I ate for a while, when someone from my family noticed I was gaining weight). I happily swayed my curves through university and few years of working at the Reception in a hotel and then in a Call Center.

Then one particularly groggy November evening when I was devouring a chocolate cake in front of a TV and feeling all miserable about myself I saw this commercial about new show looking for contestants. Naturally I applied. AND got picked by the producers and which I consider one of the turning points in my life.

The show allowed us 3 months of unlimited gym membership (along with various group trainings), a help of a nutritionist (2 of the actually who were quite controversial to each other’s ideas) and a professional dancer as a partner.

Well first of all my partner was just such a great guy who helped me a lot during the show. Then one of the nutritionist – Robert who taught us all to not to be afraid of fats. To eat a lot of meat, poultry, eggs, raw and fatty dairy products, good fats along with some veggies. That sounds familiar - right?!

Nothing that was sweet was allowed though – not even fruits. (mostly I think because the show producers wanted us to lose weight drastically). I remember craving oranges the most. I didn’t even miss chocolate or baked goodies as much as I craved my oranges. But I was determined to follow my goal of getting to the top 3 finalist of the show.

And I did it! I finished the show with the 3rd place with the final weight of 81.6 kg (180lbs). I lost almost 17 kg within 2.5 months (from March to mid-May 2012). I was thrilled.

Losing weight boosted my confidence so high that I changed my perspective of life all together. If before when I wanted to do something a little crazy (like my 1st tattoo or start diving or even jump with the parachute) – I’d always think of reasons NOT to do it. Now everything changed – the only thing I thought about now were the reasons why I SHOULD do it! So I did!

I look back at what I just wrote. I remember all the great stuff I did. How great I felt. How great I will be feeling and looking if I will make Grok's lifestyle my own. And I really hope that my boyfriend will follow with the same determination I have.

If someone is reading it – what motivates you to stay on the Paleo path when you are feeling low sometimes?
    Last edited by natashik85; 09-13-2013 at 08:19 AM.

What a weekend.

My weekend started with an unpleasant even when some f*cker stole my phone.
    Saturday was ruined for me and I got so depressed that I didn't do planned meals for the week ahead. I just spend whole saturday brooding in front of a telly.

But Sunday I ended up with great achievement. I got to participate in Tallinn Autumn marathon in 10-km run. To be frank I only ran about 300 m out of 10 km. Mainly due to the fact that I joined it as part of my charity work as Doctor Clown in Children's hospital in Tallinn. So I "ran" along with other Dr. Clowns this time. I would never though how great I felt after finishing the distance. I am not a runner, not even a marathon walker. But I think I might be now. Just need some more training.

Already with this new lifestyle I am feeling more energized than ever.
    I have signed up for dance classes twice a week (CFS - which is a very quick dancing style in groups) - I think I can count it for sprinting for now.
    I found Body-Pump classes in my local gym - which will pass greatly for the "lifting heavy things" part. I plan to start those in couple of weeks (money question - due to stolen phone now)
    As for the rest of the time - I plan to simply have fun, play, walk and occasionally be the couch-potato when I feel like it.

Oh and one more thing. Both me and boyfriend had corporative parties this weekend. He ate some non-Primal stuff and noticed that it really doesn’t fill his stomach at all. And his gout hit him right away after that. As to me - I tried to eat only primal stuff during our dinner with colleagues, but I had 2 sips of red wine - instantly I felt really bad - first head ache and then my stomach started to hurt. So - no more bad stuff, because our bodies doesn't want to agree with it any longer.
    Last edited by natashik85; 09-10-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Food log

Monday I had a big cooking day:
    Pork baked in the oven with salted mushrooms (from the last year’s harvest), onion rings, a bit of mustard, sour cream and cheese (YUMMY!)
    A big bowl of soup on the bone broth
    12 Omelet Muffins

So here’s what I ate since then.

Monday:
    Breakfast: Fried bacon with eggs. Sauerkraut. Cup of coffee with milk
    Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs.
    Dinner: Couple of bites of each dish prepared.
    Mon.PNG

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: Fried bacon with eggs. Sauerkraut. Cup of coffee with milk
    Lunch: 1 piece of pork (with onions, mushrooms, cheese) + 1 omelet muffin + cucumber
    Snack: ~10 walnuts
    Dinner: 1 plate of soup
    Tue.PNG

Today (as planned):
    Breakfast: 2 Omelet muffins. Cup of coffee with milk. + 1 hardboiled egg later.
    Lunch: 1 piece of pork (with onions, mushrooms, cheese) + 1 omelet muffin
    Dinner: 1 plate of soup
    Wed.PNG

Activity: CFS dancing class for 1 h.
    Last edited by natashik85; 09-17-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94235.html
    Starting weight (1.Sep 2013): 88.1 kg
    Current weight: 84.6 kg
    Goal weight: 66 kg
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep loosing it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast