Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very low carb and trying to make it a lifestyle??? page

kiwigal is online now Senior Member

Very low carb and trying to make it a lifestyle???

Shop Now
    Hey!!!
    Anyone else struggle with weight loss unless they stick to around 20 grams of carbs per day? For two years I had been eating around 50 grams of carbs per day and have only lost 10 pounds out of the 40 I need to lose. As soon as I dropped my carb level and upped my fat intake the weight started to melt off again.

However now on weekends I am stumped. I used to make Paleo pancakes, muffins, cakes and other baking varieties so that I felt like I could have a treat.

I see there are a LOT of Atkins induction recipes HOWEVER they all have bad artificial sweeteners and other non real foods in them.

UGH how do I make this a lifestyle????

Can I substitute Splenda for any very low carb Paleo sweeteners????

Needing help since now this is starting to feel like a diet.

Thanks guys!!!!

Zach is offline Banned
    Ketosis is a diet. Dont make it long term, try to lose the far then transition to something more sustainable. Once a week have a carb refeed day so you can keep your sanity.

Thanks for replying!!!!!

Once you have done a carb re-feed doesn't it take another three days to get back into ketosis since your body will be burning sugar for the next few days???

I was wondering if I could use Atkins Induction recipes and stay in ketosis HOWEVER I don't see any good real food in any of the recipes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Three years and counting, very low carb almost all the time. In deep keto right now and feel amazing as always! Easily doable for the long haul. Meat, veggies, nuts, and fruit, etc. Use all the seasoning you want, occasional dairy (grated Dubliner on my steak tonight with parsley, salt and pepper and a side of tomato sauce to dip it in - OMG, so good) keep looking up ideas, lots of good VLC recipes around!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-03-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigal View Post
    Thanks for replying!!!!!

Once you have done a carb re-feed doesn't it take another three days to get back into ketosis since your body will be burning sugar for the next few days???

I was wondering if I could use Atkins Induction recipes and stay in ketosis HOWEVER I don't see any good real food in any of the recipes.
    It takes weeks to get in full blown ketosis. Its better to just keep up the VLC on most days, you will still burn a good amount of fat. I would recommend everyone who does not need ketosis for a neurological disorder to do carb refeeds to keep from lowering metabolism and getting hypothyroid issues. It also helps if you are exercising.

Personally i have seen very few people lose the last 20~lb of fat on full ketosis because of the reasons above. Its great for getting big chunks of fat off, not great full getting really lean.

I have BAD insulin resistance.

Very low carb seems to be the only way I can melt any fat off!!!!

GUess on the weekends I'll be making primal approved cheesecake. I think you can make Atkins Induction cheesecake that is primal approved.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Three years and counting, very low carb almost all the time. In deep keto right now and feel amazing as always! Easily doable for the long haul. Meat, veggies, nuts, and fruit, etc. Use all the seasoning you want, occasional dairy (grated Dubliner on my steak tonight with parsley, salt and pepper and a side of tomato sauce to dip it in - OMG, so good) keep looking up ideas, lots of good VLC recipes around!

What do you do about holidays, birthdays.

Do you make Paleo or primal cake?? What's your carb count like around your birthday.

Fruit is pretty high in carbs. I'm thinking your at close to 100 grams of carbs per day???

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I don't seem to miss cake enough to bother making it, but I'm thinking of making some of that all cheese pizza.

Come winter a high fat diet keeps me warm and full of energy.

All cheese pizza sounds good!!!!

Cauliflower base????

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What do you do about holidays, birthdays.

Do you make Paleo or primal cake?? What's your carb count like around your birthday.

Fruit is pretty high in carbs. I'm thinking your at close to 100 grams of carbs per day???
    My family knows I'm easy to feed, they usually just make burgers or salmon, etc. I avoid all the buns and junk, make lettuce wrap burgers, etc. Dessert is usually coconut ice cream or a little piece of GF cake, which I do eat. It's less than once a month, probably once every two months since my work schedule got worse. I often have one apple a day, I was eating bananas but that made me bloated again, so I've quit for now. I might exceed 50g, I might even exceed 100g on some rare days. But not most days. Lately I do steak and egg weeks here and there pretty regularly...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast