Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Schools ' NO Bull$hit ' Training Discussion Thread ! page 6

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    You should look at what happens between your humerus and your AC joint when performing these.
    Don't worry about my shoulders quikky, they are fine, nothing wrong whith behind the neck press if you know how to do them! A bit off-topic, but if I remember correctly, didn't Rip get surgery for his shoulders a while ago?
    Personally I have never got surgery for anything so far and my joints are beyond exellent due to my superior training principles...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Don't worry about my shoulders quikky, they are fine, nothing wrong whith behind the neck press if you know how to do them!
    Nothing wrong with them, except the humerus/AC joint impingement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    A bit off-topic, but if I remember correctly, didn't Rip get surgery for his shoulders a while ago?
    Personally I have never got surgery for anything so far and my joints are beyond exellent due to my superior training principles...
    He's had several shoulder surgeries. Interestingly enough, he thinks it's due to neglect of the overhead press and too much focus on the bench press during his younger competitive years.

You can't really compare joint health of a hobby lifter, with the joint health of a competitive powerlifter. If you are a competitive athlete, winning is the priority, even if it means pushing yourself beyond the norm. Orthopedic surgery is commonplace in many demanding sports.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Nothing wrong with them, except the humerus/AC joint impingement.
    Some people does not have the build or flexibility and should not do them at all. Other people should not do squats, pulldown or pullups behind neck either! Other people get problems in their elbows from french press or biceps tendon problems from doing bent over rows with a supinated grip. Experienced lifters learn about their limits and if they are smart enough, they don't go beyond them...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Do you kneel on a bench like you would with a db?
    No if I'm lifting with my left arm I just brace myself using my right forearm against my right leg. You could use a bench though, whatever feels the best for you. I'm also doing strict reps with 90 lb which is more than I'd likely be doing if using a dumbbell.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Loving this discussion! Nothing to contribute but I'm just starting to lift heavy and it's great to read all your experiences.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    No if I'm lifting with my left arm I just brace myself using my right forearm against my right leg. You could use a bench though, whatever feels the best for you. I'm also doing strict reps with 90 lb which is more than I'd likely be doing if using a dumbbell.
    Gotcha
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Loving this discussion! Nothing to contribute but I'm just starting to lift heavy and it's great to read all your experiences.
    You are contributing plenty just by being here, a thread ain't worth squat if nobody is reading it !

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Great thread. One of the best in a long while.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Great thread. One of the best in a long while.
    Thanks buddy, hopefully we can keep it on a positive roll !

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    a thread ain't worth squat
    I see what you did there. Thread about lifting. Ain't worth squat. Nice.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast