Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Anti-Fiber Guest Blog page 9

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    Please tell me you are not implying that Olive Oil has no beneficial nutrients.
    I'm sure you have heard of Essential Fatty Acids (Omeg-3,6,9 EFA's), right? Note the word "ESSENTIAL"... that means you would die without them. I think that qualifies them as a nutrients! Not to mention the polyphenols and antioxidants. Additionally, try eating a fat-free diet. You, or a rat, will quickly die. Now, eat a sugar or carb free diet. No death. Because there are no "essential" sugars or carbs. There is no RDA for sugar or carbs. geez, this is not rocket science.

Olive Oil nutrients:
    - saturated 14 g
    - monounsaturated 73 g
    - polyunsaturated 11 g
    - omega‑3 fat <1.5 g
    - omega‑6 fat 3.5–21 g
    Protein 0 g
    Vitamin E 14 mg (93%)
    Vitamin K 62 μg (59%)
    lol

Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?

That's an absurd amount of olive oil, btw. Over 7tsp and 900 calories for 14mg of vitamin e?
    nihil

I said glycogen is needed for short bursts, not glucose. Any amount of *glucose* required by the body is made by the body. If this were not the case then people would die on a ketogenic diet, which is certainly not the case. Dietary glucose is not a requirement for life, period, full stop.
    Fat isn't needed either. You synthesize fat from excessive carbohydrates. The amount of fat needed is still infinitely small. It's about 0.4% of your bw for optimal sex hormone production and fat soluble vitamins.

The difference is, you're not running on stress hormones permanently.
    nihil

Oh, and regarding "essential" fatty acids, when your body is "deficient" in them, it will synthesize mead acid to perform all the "necessary" functions.
    nihil

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    LOL.... so the fiber thread somehow morphed into the carb vs fat thread part 2,674?

bbaker I'm a high fat eater so you are not alone, but this is a debate that has been had umpteen times on hundreds of threads. In fact every thread becomes the same one lately. You have valid points. I'm just posting to let you know there are many here still eating that way and doing very well. For me though these "debates" have degraded into a choreographed dance. We are no longer really advancing one another's knowledge in a meaningful way. Maybe its because none of us really have anything new to say or of real importance to share beyond what we already have. Or maybe I'm just getting tired of the same old same old.

You want to point out what valid points he had? All he basically said was the human body is resilient and adaptive. This is true, we've evolved for a reason.
    nihil

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    LOL.... so the fiber thread somehow morphed into the carb vs fat thread part 2,674?

bbaker I'm a high fat eater so you are not alone, but this is a debate that has been had umpteen times on hundreds of threads. In fact every thread becomes the same one lately. You have valid points. I'm just posting to let you know there are many here still eating that way and doing very well. For me though these "debates" have degraded into a choreographed dance. We are no longer really advancing one another's knowledge in a meaningful way. Maybe its because none of us really have anything new to say or of real importance to share beyond what we already have. Or maybe I'm just getting tired of the same old same old.
    That my friend was very well put!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Please tell me you are not implying that Olive Oil has no beneficial nutrients.
    I'm sure you have heard of Essential Fatty Acids (Omeg-3,6,9 EFA's), right? Note the word "ESSENTIAL"... that means you would die without them. I think that qualifies them as a nutrients! Not to mention the polyphenols and antioxidants. Additionally, try eating a fat-free diet. You, or a rat, will quickly die. Now, eat a sugar or carb free diet. No death. Because there are no "essential" sugars or carbs. There is no RDA for sugar or carbs. geez, this is not rocket science.

Olive Oil nutrients:
    - saturated 14 g
    - monounsaturated 73 g
    - polyunsaturated 11 g
    - omega‑3 fat <1.5 g
    - omega‑6 fat 3.521 g
    Protein 0 g
    Vitamin E 14 mg (93%)
    Vitamin K 62 μg (59%)
    "Essential fatty acids" is a trademark coined from a study, what, 40-50 years ago, that was later proven to be a vitamin B deficiency and not an omega deficiency? The term "essential fatty acid" was coopted by the seed oil industry to try and promote their oils as healthy versus traditional animal-based fats. The funny thing is, EFA's aren't actually essential.

I am absolutely comparing white sugar to olive oil. They're both empty calories. Except white sugar is less fattening, and in the event it is stored as fat you get mostly SFA generated with some MUFA, unlike olive oil which is almost all unsaturated fat, a much lower quality energy source. Both should be avoided in lieu of real food.

Do you know what is more nutritious than butter? Every single grain. And that's not saying much.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

bbaker6212 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    lol

Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?

That's an absurd amount of olive oil, btw. Over 7tsp and 900 calories for 14mg of vitamin e?
    You will note that I never said that olive oil was nutrient *dense*, but by comparison to sugar, it is.
    How much vitamin-e does sugar have? Zero. How much of any of these other nutrients? None.
    Rather than address the EFA's in the oil, you just pick out the vitamin-e?... as if vitamins are the only things that constitutes nutrients. You really will go to any length to try to support your weak argument.

I'm starting to get the impression that you just like arguing rather than trying to learn something. As such, I think I may be wasting my time so don't see the point in further discussing this.

bbaker6212 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    "Essential fatty acids" is a trademark coined from a study, what, 40-50 years ago, that was later proven to be a vitamin B deficiency and not an omega deficiency? The term "essential fatty acid" was coopted by the seed oil industry to try and promote their oils as healthy versus traditional animal-based fats. The funny thing is, EFA's aren't actually essential.

I am absolutely comparing white sugar to olive oil. They're both empty calories. Except white sugar is less fattening, and in the event it is stored as fat you get mostly SFA generated with some MUFA, unlike olive oil which is almost all unsaturated fat, a much lower quality energy source. Both should be avoided in lieu of real food.

Do you know what is more nutritious than butter? Every single grain. And that's not saying much.
    Nice opinion. Where's the data? Where is the evidence that EFA's are not actually essential?
    I just gave you a list of the nutrients in OO yet you still deny it. So you're either blind or stupid.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You don't need any vitamin e, if you keep PUFA, a fat, low. Besides, plenty of fruits contain ample amounts of vitamin e. My argument isn't weak, you haven't addressed any of it. Thou shalt not commit logical fallacy, in your case, personal incredulity.
    nihil

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast