Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Anti-Fiber Guest Blog page 7

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    The top one should be 'Alcohol'
    True, but I don't consider alcohol a macro. It's a toxin first and foremost.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    Huh? How does that work?
    It converts into more ATP. Fat is a less efficient source of fuel than sugar, which is why you hear people recommend high carbohydrate diets for people that want to lift weights, sprint very fast or run very long distances. A high fat/low carbohydrate diet limits you to more sedentary activity because it can't provide the energy needed to fuel intense exercises. Calorie for calorie, sugar gives you more bang for your buck than fat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    I think some of you people have lost your mind. Sugar is superior? There is ZERO essential nutrients in sugar. Even if you ignore the negative health impact of easily digested sugar and the insulin spike, why would you ingest so many vacant calories versus something else? At least things like butter, egg yolks, palm oil, lard, etc., have beneficial nutrients. I see no reason to ingest sugar except something like blackstrap that has a fair amount of minerals.
    There are zero essential nutrients in fat. If you read this thread, you'd know the issue is that the guest post compares fruit to white sugar. That is a completely absurd assessment.

White sugar is nutritionally equal to olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.

Something like maple syrup, honey and molasses are more nutritious than butter or palm oil.

I don't see what the argument is. Empty calories are empty calories, regardless if they are refined fat or sugar. I'm simply stating refined sugar is less fattening than refined fat calorie-per-calorie.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Huh? How does that work?
    It doesn't.

bbaker6212 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It converts into more ATP. Fat is a less efficient source of fuel than sugar, which is why you hear people recommend high carbohydrate diets for people that want to lift weights, sprint very fast or run very long distances. A high fat/low carbohydrate diet limits you to more sedentary activity because it can't provide the energy needed to fuel intense exercises. Calorie for calorie, sugar gives you more bang for your buck than fat.
    This is wrong. Go read what Dr. Peter Attia has to say about this. He's an exercise maniac and eats a ketogenic diet. He does supplement with some carbs during lengthy exercise sessions (eg., longer than 1.5 hours). He readily admits that if you are a competitive athlete you will likely need to ingest more carbs, but if not an athlete there's no need. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.
    Glycogen is more efficient for bursts of energy, but fat/ketones are more efficient for long term energy. Isn't this obvious?... because your glycogen stores are much smaller, calorie-wise, than your adipose tissue (fat stores).

bbaker6212 is offline Member

White sugar is nutritionally equal to olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.
    OK, I'm now done exchanging with you. You clearly are clueless.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    This is wrong. Go read what Dr. Peter Attia has to say about this. He's an exercise maniac and eats a ketogenic diet. He does supplement with some carbs during lengthy exercise sessions (eg., longer than 1.5 hours). He readily admits that if you are a competitive athlete you will likely need to ingest more carbs, but if not an athlete there's no need. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.
    Glycogen is more efficient for bursts of energy, but fat/ketones are more efficient for long term energy. Isn't this obvious?... because your glycogen stores are much smaller, calorie-wise, than your adipose tissue (fat stores).
    Fat is slow metabolizing. The more respiration that is seen in fatty acid oxidation is a shift from mitochondrial NADH to NAD+ ratio, which indicates that energy creation takes precedent over energy consumption for storage. More electrons get transported to complex 2 rather than complex 1, leading to less efficient atp/o and not as many couplings. Makes for a worse energy supplier in general. Some non-oxidized glucose is routed to glycogen after exercise for muscle glycogen resynthesis.

Fat oxidation mimics starvation.
    nihil

OK, I'm now done exchanging with you. You clearly are clueless.
    Those things have near no nutrients, not sure what you're implying.
    nihil

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, must be the language barrier. Because it makes absolutely no sense in my part of the world to say "it provides more energy per calorie".

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm, must be the language barrier. Because it makes absolutely no sense in my part of the world to say "it provides more energy per calorie".
    Fat provides more energy per calorie, and produces more ATP, but as said above:

"Fat is slow metabolizing. The more respiration that is seen in fatty acid oxidation is a shift from mitochondrial NADH to NAD+ ratio, which indicates that energy creation takes precedent over energy consumption for storage. More electrons get transported to complex 2 rather than complex 1, leading to less efficient atp/o and not as many couplings. Makes for a worse energy supplier in general. Some non-oxidized glucose is routed to glycogen after exercise for muscle glycogen resynthesis.

Fat oxidation mimics starvation."
    nihil

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast