Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Anti-Fiber Guest Blog page 6

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People make my head hurt. The way people cling to beliefs and platitudes over reality makes me feel like I'm at the DNC or RNC or something.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    People make my head hurt. The way people cling to beliefs and platitudes over reality makes me feel like I'm at the DNC or RNC or something.
    Have you caught Peter at Hyperlipid's latest blog--a study proving LC induce insulin resistance, and he don't like it!

Impaired glucose tolerance in rats fed low-carbohydrate, high-fat diets

Moderate low-carbohydrate/high-fat diets (LC-HFDs) are widely used to induce weight loss in overweight subjects, whereas extreme ketogenic LC-HFDs are used to treat neurological disorders like pediatric epilepsy. Usage of LC-HFD for improvement of glucose metabolism is highly controversial: some studies suggest that LC-HFDs ameliorate glucose tolerance whereas others could not find positive effects of these diets or reported impaired insulin sensitivity.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    That was the worst guest post I've ever read. I'll be interested to see what Mark says in response. His intro to the post was a bit tongue in cheek. I didn't realize that it was a guest post at first and thought Mark had lost his mind.

It came across as more anti-fruit to me than anti-veggies, but anything that recommends against eating fruit just loses me.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    It came across as more anti-fruit to me than anti-veggies, but anything that recommends against eating fruit just loses me.
    That's what I thought. His argument against fiber seemed to largely be "you have to eat sugar to get it."

Well, no, he completely ignored the fact that vegetables exist.

And then there's the fact that sugar isn't unhealthy at all, and if anything it is generally superior to fat. It provides more energy per calorie, it has a more positive impact to your thyroid, and ti has a higher burn rate and much less likely to be stored as fat. Sugar is the least fattening source of calories aside from protein.

Protein
    Sugar
    Starch
    Saturated Fat (MCT)
    Saturated Fat (LCT)
    Monounsaturated Fat
    Polyunsaturated Fat

Those are your macros on the order of LEAST LIKELY to be stored as fat to MOST LIKELY to be stored as fat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

otzi Guest
    That's what I thought. His argument against fiber seemed to largely be "you have to eat sugar to get it."

Well, no, he completely ignored the fact that vegetables exist.

And then there's the fact that sugar isn't unhealthy at all, and if anything it is generally superior to fat. It provides more energy per calorie, it has a more positive impact to your thyroid, and ti has a higher burn rate and much less likely to be stored as fat. Sugar is the least fattening source of calories aside from protein.

Protein
    Sugar
    Starch
    Saturated Fat (MCT)
    Saturated Fat (LCT)
    Monounsaturated Fat
    Polyunsaturated Fat

Those are your macros on the order of LEAST LIKELY to be stored as fat to MOST LIKELY to be stored as fat.
    The top one should be 'Alcohol'

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Let's not forget that fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose, so fruit and white sugar are superior, even if you subscribe to that whole insulin theory. And, excess carbohydrates(glycogen storage full) in the body are converted to palmitic acid anyway.

I think Mark's blog is where the rest of the keto guys went to hide, since it's clear this forum is shifting opinions very rapidly.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Lol. It's like a time warp over there. It's like 2010 all over and Gary taubes is still the messiah.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Huh? How does that work?

bbaker6212 is offline Member
    I think some of you people have lost your mind. Sugar is superior? There is ZERO essential nutrients in sugar. Even if you ignore the negative health impact of easily digested sugar and the insulin spike, why would you ingest so many vacant calories versus something else? At least things like butter, egg yolks, palm oil, lard, etc., have beneficial nutrients. I see no reason to ingest sugar except something like blackstrap that has a fair amount of minerals.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    blog posts like this one are the reason why i rarely check in here anymore. pointless to even debate how dumb that post was.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast