Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The answer to life, the universe, and everything page 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Actually I think we're all in agreement that BPA is bad...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I ate X diet and got Y results, and if you eat X diet, you will get Y results, too. You WILL get them someday. I swear. I would know, because it happened to me, and what happens to me is the exact same thing that will happen to every other human being to ever exist on the face of this planet in the history of all time forever.
    Last edited by tarek; 09-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Great stuff joanie. I was thinking of writing something similar in a multi-choice question style, but I think yours is more betterer.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If my post got folks to smile, way good.

If it saved one newbie from running to the nearest Carvel, after being "advised" 20 things that don't agree, even better.

Shamelessly bumping this up (just once) for the noobs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I certainly can't be the only one who thought the original post had no point.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you're not familiar with "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

I found Joanie's post amusing and apropos.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I certainly can't be the only one who thought the original post had no point.
    Humor is a Good Thing.

M.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Alas the most intelligent animal on the planet can't figure out how to feed itself.

The scientists who produce food are always going to outnumber and outpace the scientists who identify what's in the food so we just slip further behind.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmormon View Post
    Thank you Joanie. If all of the "opinions" being spewed forth on the forum nowadays were here 9 months ago when I started a Primal lifestyle I would have run for the hills. The nonsense spewers/carb evangelists are actually hurting people by confusing them whether they realize it or not. Or maybe that is their goal.....
    It was here. This kind of contradictory advice has been around since I joined. The topics change a bit (some of them, anyways) but there's always people here looking at different research are reading different blogs for different ideas that may work better than what they are currently doing.

It's only a bad things for the newbies who get sucked into it, and for the people that take it personally, which is where the stupidity tends to happen.

ksagle is offline Member
    Ah. NOW I get it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12