Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I lack the will power! I hope this forum can help me. page 4

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Was that sarcasm? Excellent! That means that renaming your diet won't be a semantic tragedy at all, right? Whatever will you do? Well, you could re-name your diet, which your sarcasm suggests would be not a semantic tragedy, but a piece of potato cake.

OK then. After a quick Google search, almost EVERY diet wants to be "whole and unprocessed." But on carb level, it seems like Perfect Health (of course), Jumpstart to Skinny, Relish (maybe), Eat for your body type (Ectomorph), the Eating Clean Diet,* and maybe some others are a good match. Find a diet that matches what you are, and just stick it in the post somewhere.

Example: "Hey, Newbie, you need to eat more carbs as rice and potatoes because that's what worked for me. And oh by the way, I'm not really Primal. I'm on this Primal Forum just for fun. Fooled ya! I'm actually Eating Clean! "

That's all I ask.

--------------
    *Which, by the way, I tried for a month and gained 3 pounds on. And Eating Clean's leader, Tosca Reno, feels so good about herself on this diet that she actively supports plastic surgery. Her books are full of Tosca pix artfully staged to show off her boob job.
    My point is, at the risk of sounding brash, who gives a shit? I'm pretty sure a large majority of this forum would agree that the carb curve is a bit outdated. Just because someone doesn't follow the book exactly does not mean they can't call their diet 'Primal' (why anyone actually cares what their diet is called is another topic).

To me, this forum is much more than a 'Primal' forum, and it would be quite dry if everyone played by your rules.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Was that sarcasm? Excellent! That means that renaming your diet won't be a semantic tragedy at all, right? Whatever will you do? Well, you could re-name your diet, which your sarcasm suggests would be not a semantic tragedy, but a piece of potato cake.

OK then. After a quick Google search, almost EVERY diet wants to be "whole and unprocessed." But on carb level, it seems like Perfect Health (of course), Jumpstart to Skinny, Relish (maybe), Eat for your body type (Ectomorph), the Eating Clean Diet,* and maybe some others are a good match. Find a diet that matches what you are, and just stick it in the post somewhere.

Example: "Hey, Newbie, you need to eat more carbs as rice and potatoes because that's what worked for me. And oh by the way, I'm not really Primal. I'm on this Primal Forum just for fun. Fooled ya! I'm actually Eating Clean! "

That's all I ask.

--------------
    *Which, by the way, I tried for a month and gained 3 pounds on. And Eating Clean's leader, Tosca Reno, feels so good about herself on this diet that she actively supports plastic surgery. Her books are full of Tosca pix artfully staged to show off her boob job.
    You're 42 years old. Maybe you should move on from the childish playground school club mentality. No one should honestly give a shit, and perhaps they'll do better off thinking for themselves. If Mark's book, which you take as gospel, without doing much thinking for yourself(your progress doesn't say much either, for someone that seems hellbent on defending all obese middle aged women) it should speak for itself.

VLC is a fad, you're ridiculous, here is some VLC paleo trashing:

Paleo Fantasies: Debunking The Carnivore Ape Narrative | Melissa McEwen on food anthropology, economics, and culture
    nihil

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Well, you could re-name your diet
    Find a diet that matches what you are, and just stick it in the post somewhere.
    I am on the "Eat Foods I Enjoy in Moderation because I am Not Orthorexic" diet.

Let's call it EFIEM-NO. I like it.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    So old folks need to move on from the play ground so you can have it to yourself.
    My success is the "last" 10 pounds. I know full well that this isn't very impressive, so a year ago I enlisted a co-worker as a more dramatic test case. He was overweight despite 15 years of serious biking and weight lifting -- you know, lots of "calories out." He went primal with some reluctance and lost 45 pounds.

I really don't know what to do. I wasn't expecting such resistance to quoting primal principles on a primal forum.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    My point is, at the risk of sounding brash, who gives a shit? I'm pretty sure a large majority of this forum would agree that the carb curve is a bit outdated. Just because someone doesn't follow the book exactly does not mean they can't call their diet 'Primal' (why anyone actually cares what their diet is called is another topic).

To me, this forum is much more than a 'Primal' forum, and it would be quite dry if everyone played by your rules.
    I don't know what the rules of the forum are, but I would hope that defending primal principles didn't break any rules on a primal forum. Who gives a shit? Well, Mark has said that he gives a shit, and wants to help ten million people.

If you think that a large majority of the forum doesn't like the carb curve, then post a poll and let's find out.

If the forum is more than primal for you, well great. Simply say that in your posts. Example: "hi, I'm not really primal but I'm on a primal forum for [list reason.]".
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a large majority of this forum would agree that the carb curve is a bit outdated
    It should probably be a 3D plot with axis X = carbs*, axis Y = fat** and axis Z = activity level***

* there are so many different types ...
    ** there are so many different types, could ignore omg6 PUFAs as they are pro-inflammatory (not good for fat loss)
    *** not differentiating between HIIT or more cardio-like WO, makes it too complicated ...

I am not sure how this curve would look like if one solely sticked to the Perfect Health Diet though ... lots of confounding stuff behind this simple curve ...

kiks is offline Member
    To the OP, the first few weeks are quite difficult, so you definitely need to prepare and pack appropriate snacks to overcome that hurdle, especially since you are on the road so often. Weight loss is definitely due to caloric intake, but you need to take into consideration other things (vitamins, minerals, etc). Also, a 100 calorie snack that is all carbs won't hold you over like a 100 calorie snack that is mostly fat. For example, an hour after eating a donut you will be craving something else, but an hour after a handful of walnuts is way more helpful in keeping the calorie count down.

I don't know what the rules of the forum are, but I would hope that defending primal principles didn't break any rules on a primal forum. Who gives a shit? Well, Mark has said that he gives a shit, and wants to help ten million people.

If you think that a large majority of the forum doesn't like the carb curve, then post a poll and let's find out.

If the forum is more than primal for you, well great. Simply say that in your posts. Example: "hi, I'm not really primal but I'm on a primal forum for [list reason.]".
    You should realize you are the one that has a semantics issue. Please realize people are different, with different metabolisms, and different cultures that cater to different diets...ie, some people can handle dairy and others can't; some cultures are more rice dependent vs other cultures, etc. I am grateful for Mark's site but you need to chill with the bible-thumping and casting slight deviants of the Primal word as evil.

CICO is a slight deviant?

I give up.

You all wore me out.

Have at it.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    You should realize you are the one that has a semantics issue. Please realize people are different, with different metabolisms, and different cultures that cater to different diets...ie, some people can handle dairy and others can't; some cultures are more rice dependent vs other cultures, etc. I am grateful for Mark's site but you need to chill with the bible-thumping and casting slight deviants of the Primal word as evil.
    I give up.

You all wore me out.

Have at it.
    Your sig:

"MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs."

Most people on this forum do just that; we tweak "Primal" to our own needs. Some enjoy more carbs, others prefer less. YMMV. I don't see the problem here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast