Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I lack the will power! I hope this forum can help me. page 3

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't think that is what was said.
    Not exactly, that was just a response to someone telling me that I'm flat out wrong. If I'm wrong, then I want proof. But I'm not, and that's why I've got the results.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think what was said was that staying away from fast-food and convenience store fare would make it easier to exert control over consumption.
    Absolutely!!! But it doesn't mean it's impossible. Like I said, I've done it as an experiment, but it doesn't mean it's ideal in any way shape or form. I'd much rather cook my own food on most days. However, sometimes if you're out you don't have the ability to do cook your own foods, and you've got to figure a way to work it out. And that's exactly what I've done.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    It's going to come down to calories in calories out if you're looking to lose weight. That's the bottom line.

If you're having trouble with cravings, try upping protein intake as protein has repeatedly been shown to be the most satiating macronutrient. I would recommend looking into whey protein because as you said, you're in need of quick and convenient choices. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, beef; all good choices as well if you want to pack them into some tupperware.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    It's going to come down to calories in calories out if you're looking to lose weight.
    You know, sometimes I wonder why Mark even bothered to write his book.

By all means, go back to CW. Eat 1200 calories per day of whole and unprocessed white potatoes and a baked chicken breast with a drizzle of olive oil. And get on the elliptical machine for 40 minutes. Please.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post

By all means, go back to CW. Eat 1200 calories per day of whole and unprocessed white potatoes and a baked chicken breast with a drizzle of olive oil. And get on the elliptical machine for 40 minutes. Please.
    You truly are out of your mind. Calories in calories out is and always will be valid. Please feel free to show me a controlled study in which someone in a caloric deficit/surplus doesn't lose/gain weight.

You're just a zealot who thinks it's either Primal or eating complete junk all day long. I have to ask you: are you insane? The majority of your posts on this forum lead me to believe so.

max219 is offline Senior Member

No one is saying to do that. Where did anyone say the OP should starve himself? They are suggesting to eat real food that is satiating and not to go crazy overeating fat. You can be primal and be higher carb. Primal means no unprocessed food. Potatoes and rice are real food.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Calories in calories out is and always will be valid. Please feel free to show me a controlled study in which someone in a caloric deficit/surplus doesn't lose/gain weight.
    LOL, you won't win. Fat is magickal and as long as you never eat carbs, you can drink coconut oil all day long. Bottoms up!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    You can be primal and be higher carb. Primal means no unprocessed food. Potatoes and rice are real food.
    Since Mark invented the term, "Primal" means what Mark says it means. And Mark says that Primal means under 150 g carbs/day unless you're REALLY active.

If you want to eat higher carb, or eat "whole and unprocessed" food, or don't like Mark's carb curve, that's fine. Just name your diet something else. And since this is Mark's Primal forum, it would be a courtesy to identify yourself as not being Primal. Otherwise, you're being deceptive by riding Mark's coattails.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

jodi29 is offline Member
    Since Mark invented the term, "Primal" means what Mark says it means. And Mark says that Primal means under 150 g carbs/day unless you're REALLY active.

If you want to eat higher carb, or eat "whole and unprocessed" food, or don't like Mark's carb curve, that's fine. Just name your diet something else. And since this is Mark's Primal forum, it would be a courtesy to identify yourself as not being Primal. Otherwise, you're being deceptive by riding Mark's coattails.
    +25,000

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    LOL, you won't win. Fat is magickal and as long as you never eat carbs, you can drink coconut oil all day long. Bottoms up!
    LOL

Shucks, now I have to name my diet something else? What will I ever do, how will I ever recover from this semantic tragedy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Whatever will I do, how will I ever recover from this semantic tragedy!!
    Was that sarcasm? Excellent! That means that renaming your diet won't be a semantic tragedy at all, right? Whatever will you do? Well, you could re-name your diet, which your sarcasm suggests would be not a semantic tragedy, but a piece of potato cake.

OK then. After a quick Google search, almost EVERY diet wants to be "whole and unprocessed." But on carb level, it seems like Perfect Health (of course), Jumpstart to Skinny, Relish (maybe), Eat for your body type (Ectomorph), the Eating Clean Diet,* and maybe some others are a good match. Find a diet that matches what you are, and just stick it in the post somewhere.

Example: "Hey, Newbie, you need to eat more carbs as rice and potatoes because that's what worked for me. And oh by the way, I'm not really Primal. I'm on this Primal Forum just for fun. Fooled ya! I'm actually Eating Clean! "

That's all I ask.

--------------
    *Which, by the way, I tried for a month and gained 3 pounds on. And Eating Clean's leader, Tosca Reno, feels so good about herself on this diet that she actively supports plastic surgery. Her books are full of Tosca pix artfully staged to show off her boob job.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast