Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout while slightly tired? page

steven.kelly is online now Senior Member

Workout while slightly tired?

Primal Fuel
    I know Mark says that if you are feeling tired it may be better to rest rather than workout.

Today I want to workout, I do feel slightly tired but should that be a reason not to work out?

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Use your own judgement. Are you physically tired and spent or sleepy tired?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Just feeling tired would never stop me from working out.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with working out when you're tired. I wouldn't recommend attempting a new PR but doing a work out? Go for it!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Depends. I had a rough weekend with a couple nights of sleeping at 4am Thursday and Friday, before having to get up at 5 am Sunday for work. I was so bone weary that I postponed my training Sunday until today.

Sent from my GT-I9300

It's okay I had a nap and did the workout haha!

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    depends on the workout. if I was going mountain biking or jogging or something like that, i'd definitely do it. if I was about to hoist a few hundred pounds over my head, i'd probably take a day off and do something else. if i'm not 100% mentally and physically, I tread very lightly with my heavy lifting. the last thing you want is to lose focus and injure yourself. weights are not forgiving. maybe do a bodyweight or gymnastic workout instead, or have a cardio day.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Are you tracking your progress? That is the best way to find out what works for you.

I have been told here with extreme confidence that I not only should, but need to work out when I am tired and sore, or I will never make any progress and will be sore continuously. I don't listen to people who are trying to get me to follow arbitrary programs that don't work with my goal. You can't order your body to recover according to your convenience.

JBoom is offline Junior Member
    Depends on your norm. I have an infant and a toddler at home so I am never not tired. I have to work out tired most of the time, but if I have an added layer of exhaustion, usually brought on by a fussy evening, I'll skip lifting or for a day and maybe get in a short walk.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Logically, if I were Grok and I was sore and tired but needed to hunt etc. I would have to, I'm sure he would have this happen to him many times where he would have preferred to sleep rather than hunt etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast