Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workout while slightly tired? page 2

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Depends on the time of day - if its late then best not to IMO. Also start light and see how you respond - if you're not waking up and feeling better, best to call it off.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I've had some of my all time best workouts while being on the tired side.
    A good idea is to do your warmup, and if you still feel tired, pack it in or do a reduced volume/intensity session.
    But many times your warmup will shake the cobwebs out enough so that you can have a proper session.
    Thing is, you're not always going to feel 100% every time out. If you're only slightly tired, suck it up and train.

DietKart is offline Junior Member
    I tread very lightly with my heavy lifting Just feeling tired would never stop me from working out.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    depends on the workout. if I was going mountain biking or jogging or something like that, i'd definitely do it. if I was about to hoist a few hundred pounds over my head, i'd probably take a day off and do something else. if i'm not 100% mentally and physically, I tread very lightly with my heavy lifting. the last thing you want is to lose focus and injure yourself. weights are not forgiving. maybe do a bodyweight or gymnastic workout instead, or have a cardio day.
    This. If I know I don't have the wherewithal to do heavy lifts, I'm just going to do bodyweight, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Depends on the situation. Heavy lifting days...sometimes I can tell during warmup weights that I "just don't have it" for whatever reason. I can feel when my body won't be able to push out enough heavy reps, and I'll change my workout up accordingly, either by lowering the weight for that day, switching to bodyweight exercises, or even skipping the workout that day. Depends on if I feel like I'm just tired from too little sleep or if I'm exhibiting symptoms of overtraining. Sometimes I'll have great workouts even when tired once I'm in the groove.

Modifying or skipping workouts is very rare, though. If it's happening a lot you need to figure out the underlying issue. Or toughen the hell up.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12