Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation 100 Day Clean Up! -Seaglassgreen page

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member

Operation 100 Day Clean Up! -Seaglassgreen

Shop Now
    So ~2 weeks ago, I began Operation Clean It Up! It was 100 days until Thanksgiving, and it is my reasoning that a relatively long challenge period will allow me to cement some good habits. I know this is a lifestyle, and i want to live like this permanently, the 100 day label is just to motivate getting into the routine.
    In the past (I have been aware of PB since the beginning of 2011), I have been primal for a few days at a time, but never long enough to get good results. I would "fall off the wagon" and stay off for weeks at a time. And when I'm off the wagon, i don't tend to moderate at all, which i know is a whole issue in itself- like, if there is a birthday cake, i won't just have a piece on my birthday, i'll also have a couple pieces each day til it's gone. Or if there is bread and butter, I won't have one piece, I'll have one every time i pass the kitchen, like compulsive eating. This summer I finished nursing school, and just did not force myself to focus on what I was eating, taking the path that seemed easier at the time. And so, I reached one of my highest weights; I know I hit 207 (I'm 5'2"), and I could have probably gained 10 more lbs after that, but didn't weigh myself to know for sure before I started this 100 day challenge. I may weigh myself when we get home from this trip.
    My rules for the challenge are to be as strict paleo as I can, with a little dark chocolate (~3x in the past 2 weeks), and a little red wine (~5 glasses in the last 2 weeks), as well as a small amount of sugar in my coffee.
    I feel like I'm getting results already, looking like I've lost some weight, possibly sleeping better/waking up earlier. We've been staying with my BF's parents for almost 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to being home where I have more control over the cooking and grocery shopping and eating out.

If anyone wants to join me, it's still 86 days until Thanksgiving

Goal: Feel good, be active!

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Great job on the 2 weeks already!!

I'm about to start another journal since I've just restarted primal again, but would love to join you

We sound VERY similar! My current weight is 212 as of today (I was 215 last week), I'm about 5'1"-5'2".. and my self control around junk food is very minimal. My husband is worse though. He's just as you described. If we have junk in the house, he doesn't stop eating it until it is completely gone. Whether if it was cookies, donuts, chips, etc. I could kinda control myself around some things (like bread), but cake, cookies, donuts, my downfall! lol
    Thankfully though we don't keep any in the house any longer
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Thanks! I know what you mean, I don't even really crave the junk food often, and I generally won't buy it at the store if I'm grocery shopping, but when we're at my family's house there is always tons of stuff to graze on! I will check out your journal, I used to have one too but I wanted a fresh start

So this afternoon my BF and I went on a pretty intense hike. It was all climbing up boulders and super steep, even though the guide said "moderate"
    I felt super accomplished, though I think it might have been a little extreme.. My heart was pounding, I'm sure it's the most intense workout I've had in years. I don't think exercise should generally make you feel like you might throw up

Anyway, so I was hungry and nauseous at the same time when we finished. All I really want is some soup or a sweet potato or coconut water or some such, but BF said let's go back to his parents house to see what there is for dinner before we go to the store. So I showered, and then when I got out it turns out it's HOT DOGS and CORN for dinner! 😒
    So now I'm thinking maybe I'll just plead exhaustion and go to bed without dinner I really don't feel like explaining why I don't want to eat either of those things.

UGH! That sucks about the food. Boo
    But great job on the hike! Wish there was an area here that we could hike in but it's all suburbia boringness.

Ah yes, my husband does the same exact thing at his parent's house. His dad always has boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes of some sort that he raids and eats at least 3 of. We may have gone over there today but thankfully he had a meeting with our insurance guy lol.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

So today I ate: 3 fried eggs and 4 pieces of bacon for breakfast. 3 pieces of chicken lunchmeat with celery and cream cheese for lunch. Some pepperoni and cheese for a snack after the hike. Half a cup of OJ and one of the almond-cashew-darkchoc packets from TJs for "dinner".
    Can't wait to get home and do more of my own cooking and food shopping! I may also weigh myself, I wish I had done it 2 weeks ago though!

Don't you love saying that you can have BACON on primal? lol
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Ok! So I'm back home (which is my parent's house while I finish getting licensed and find my first job), and I just weighed myself and I weigh 200.4. Which I'm fairly excited about because the last time I weighed myself was July 16, and I weighed 206 then, and who knows how much weight I might have gained since then. So in my weight tracker app I have set my first goal at 180, figuring it's 12 weeks til my 100 days are up, and that would be losing 1.6 lbs a week, which doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Yesterday I ate: scrambled eggs with cheese and some ketchup, because scrambled eggs make me want to gag right now, so I thought the ketchup might help (it did somewhat). I drank a cup of coffee with sugar and half n half. Then on the plane I ate a handful of pistachios and maybe 1/4 of a packet of chocolate-almond-cashew mix, and a glass of red wine courtesy of a drink coupon . When I got home I had some grilled chicken, grilled beef roast, broccoli with a little olive oil, and a small bunch of grapes.
    Hoping to inspire my parents while I'm here, cuz I came home to pizza and chicken fingers and coconut cake If I wasn't paying attention to what I'm eating like I am, I would have snarfed all kinds of junk food last night! I hate the "calories in, calories out" thing, but I can see how I would definitely have been eating way too much.

WOO! Congrats on 200! You'll be in the onederlands soon enough and will be that goal weight in no time
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to it

2 things: 1) I am so sore from that hike, I am hobbling around like an old lady. My calves are so tight! Craziness.
    2) I just ate the first pluot I ever had, and it was deeeeelicious!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast