Thread: Bikram for LHT? page

Breezy111 is offline Member

Bikram for LHT?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm wondering what your thoughts are on me switching one LHT workout with a Bikram Yoga workout? I probably wouldn't do it every week but I'm not sure yet.

I lost about 60 lbs with the diet alone and now I'm trying to get the weight loss moving again. I've been at this weight for 10 months. I gave my body a chance to chill out but it's time to lose these last 20 or 30 pounds.

I know one of my problems is my sugar addiction, I haven't given it up completely yet. I would say I'm about 65-70% primal due to the sugar and occasional sushi or tortilla chip cheat.

I just need to figure out how to incorporate Bikram into my PB fitness routine. I pay $79 a month for unlimited classes and I have about 6 months left on my contract. Any ideas? Replace an LHT day or do it in addition? Replace an hour of my walking total with it?

little vase is online now Senior Member
    It certainly couldn't hurt to try. It will only benefit you to do yoga anyway so it's a win win to incorporate it into your fitness routine. I would keep the walking and replace a LHT with the yoga, since so many of the postures are body weight exercises anyway. It might just be the little kick in the butt you need to get to the next level of fitness and weight loss!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    It certainly couldn't hurt to try. It will only benefit you to do yoga anyway so it's a win win to incorporate it into your fitness routine. I would keep the walking and replace a LHT with the yoga, since so many of the postures are body weight exercises anyway. It might just be the little kick in the butt you need to get to the next level of fitness and weight loss!
    Thank you!!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Have you considered something like this (link below)? It is a short power yoga sequence. Im sure you could do this anywhere from once to four times a week.

Richard

http://www.wholeliving.com/135889/po...er/179721/yoga

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think her main thing is to finish out the rest of the membership, so I think that going to bikram as often as you can to get the best bargain is probably the way to go. A month is probably 28 days (4 weeks) and you're paying $20/class if you only go once a week. But, that's how they "get" you. Anyway, go twice a week, and either do it in lieu of or in addition to, adn be sure to enjoy it if you do/can.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think her main thing is to finish out the rest of the membership, so I think that going to bikram as often as you can to get the best bargain is probably the way to go. A month is probably 28 days (4 weeks) and you're paying $20/class if you only go once a week. But, that's how they "get" you. Anyway, go twice a week, and either do it in lieu of or in addition to, adn be sure to enjoy it if you do/can.
    Correct, I need to finish the membership. This is why I hate committing to things! Lol I knew I should have just waited a little longer before making a decision.

Thanks for your guys' input! I appreciate it!