Thread: Tara ATX's Primal Journal page

Tara ATX is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel
    Last edited by Tara ATX; 09-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tara, I would love to swap recipe ideas and general primal info. Thanks for joining up, see you round.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara ATX View Post
    Snack- My Carrot Pie recipe-1 sm slice w/ 1 cup milk (pie-carrots, coconut butter, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves// crust-unswt shred coconut, brazil nuts, almond butter, coconut oil, salt)
    Tara, if you wouldn't mind sharing some quantities and method for this carrot pie, I might be willing to try it. I can't quite envisage it from your description - is it a sweet or savoury event?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hey Tara! Welcome to the forums. Your journal caught my eye as I lived in atx for 10+ years and just moved from there to NYC. I will be reading along.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara ATX View Post
    Hey thanks! I love NYC, but haven't been in years. I'm envious of your upcoming fall weather that we won't get here in ATX until probably November-ish! This is my first non-gaming forum, but I've been reading for a while so decided to go for it. Unfortunately my friends and family have no interest in this side of my lifestyle, even my old crossfit friends don't really take it all that seriously unless they're in the middle of a Whole30 challenge or something. Otherwise, I'm just the girl that eats all that "weird" food! Umm...it's not "weird", it's REAL! Lol!
    Haha! Me too. Austin has a huge paleo culture though so you are in good company.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome Tara! I am really enjoying your journal. I am drooling over your recipes. But I am very interested in how you stopped smoking. Was it something that just happened as your progress into good health happened or did you take specific steps to achieve this. I will be following along to see how you are getting on and also to pick your brains for recipes and smoking cessation tips!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow that's a big difference Tara. Well done you. I think you look amazing!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.