Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking for about Six, Need Ideas page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Question Cooking for about Six, Need Ideas

Primal Fuel
    Ever other weekend my husband and I have friends over and we cook for about six people (ourselves included). I am the only Grok'er in the group but my husband is very supporting and so are my friends on some level.

Anywho, I want to make a totally pale/pb friendly meal and i'm not quite sure what to do. I did Taco Salads once and that won over (there were tortillas and chips available but I skipped them).

Any ideas what to make for a group of six hungry adults!?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Chili or some other stew comes to mind. Or a pot roast. Maybe served with a salad. I've also heard about the "personal omelet" idea where everyone puts what they want to a ziploc bag full of eggs and then you boil all the bags so they're all ready at the same time, but I'd be a little concerned about cooking plastic; heck I'm concerned about cooking, prepping, and to some degree storing with any plastic, haha.

Edit: Here's a google result for the omelet thing: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf27000472.tip.html
    No BPA, but I'd still be wary
    Last edited by yodiewan; 06-03-2010 at 09:44 AM.

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    BBQ! Kabobs maybe.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I like to make Thai food, like a big pot of red curry with coconut milk, veggies, and either seafood or chicken depending on your friends. Last night, I made bacon wrapped drumsticks. I think I will serve this for friends who enjoy eating with their hands the next time we have guests. You could do a bacon theme and have bacon wrapped asparagus bundles too.

I would add a big salad with avocado, and for dessert have real whipped cream and berries.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    big ol crock pot roast. Super easy, super delicious

Brian C. is offline Member
    Primal Jambalaya: Click Here for the link.
    My Favorite add a little more chili powder.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    2nd crock pot roast... you could do pulled pork with a low carb bbq receipe.

fable is offline Senior Member
    We were 6 for dinner last week, and since we're renovating there's only the grill and one small mobile electric plate to cook on. So I made little alu-foil packages with chunks of wolffish and salmon, one for each person. Sprinkled with some olive oil and butter, and thai-style spices: Fresh ginger, chili and lime, salt and pepper. Very convenient to prepare hours or even a day in advance. Put them on the grill, 8-ish minutes on each side. Don't overcook! Ours tasted superb, and I got loads of compliments. Made some sweet potato mash on the side, but I think riced or mashed cauliflower would be a better choice. Or just make little packages with all your favourite veggies, add a decent amount of butter or coconut oil, s&p, and grill them for 30-45 minutes depending on heat and taste.

Drea is offline Junior Member
    A fun thing we've done with friends is to prep a bunch of fresh veggies (broccoli,onion, different colored bell peppers, potatoes for non-PBers, cabbage, etc.) and meats (thin sliced steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.) and everyone makes their own aluminum foil packet with whatever they want and then throw it on the grill. Also have butter, olive oil, spices and sauces available. They taste great and are fun to make.
    Last edited by Drea; 06-03-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: left something out

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I agree a nice roast is always a crowd pleaser, with veggies and gravey made from the drippings...but it's getting warm, and grilling might be in order?? Most people LOVE chicken legs, and BBQ chicken is a hit around here. BBQ sauce is really easy to make on your own (so no added sugar/msg/what have you), and you can have awesome sides like grilled asparagus, a BIG Ass Salad, fruit salad, veggies and dip...I like to entertain
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast