Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm looking for a recipe for SHRIMP SCAMPI. Anyone? page 2

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Wow, my girlfriend was just talking about how she wanted to make shrimp scampi.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Mermaid is offline Member

Here's what I made

So I went with one of Grol's suggestions and used this recipe: http://famousitalianfood.com/famous-...mp-scampi.html

I had over two pounds of shrimp so I increased the wine and the butter. In fact I'd say I used nearly a stick of butter, and I had a lime but no lemon so I used that. On the side I sauteed multiple-colored pepper strips in coconut oil with some fresh tomato thrown in last minute.

We have just started the primal journey and dh is having a really hard time letting go of grains altogether, so at the last minute I decided to make an asparagus risotto with parmiggiano reggiano and I dished out little tiny servings of that alongside huge servings of shrimp and begs. The whole thing was just sublime and we licked our plates to get all the garlic sauce from the scampi.

I was feeling pretty satisfied with my efforts and then five minutes into the season opener of Burn Notice, dh announces he's still hungry (a frequent occurrence in our house). Argh! I managed to salvage the carb count by serving him a Greek yogurt with coco powder and a bit of stevia. Not super luxurious but filling. Sometimes it is frustrating to cook for him because he seems toneed a LOT of food and he's hungry every few hours. Any guys out there who can reassure me this will taper off once the carb consumption is curbed?
    Mermaid

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It took a week of major cravings going cold turkey. I think dabbling in simple carbs prolongs the issues. Beef jerky is a great after dinner snacky dessert. I make my own and keep it on hand. Cheese and nuts help, but they probably aren't as good in the big picture. I ate until I was stuffed several times and still felt like I need some bread, or a tortilla, or some fries. It didn't matter how full I was, those foods are heroin. You have to kick them... to the curb... completely... imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12