Thread: OldSchool but new technique ! page

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member

Thumbs up OldSchool but new technique !

Primal Fuel
    I'm always looking for new ways to make my muscles scream and reduce me to tears when working out, came up with this brutal technique today.

If you don't already have a Tabata timer downloaded to your phone do it now.

Set both the work and the rest periods to 10 seconds.
    This will work with most exercises but lets take barbell curls as an example.
    Start the Timer and for the first 10 seconds raise the weight and hold it statically at the toughest part of the curl( Roughly with your arms at 90 degrees ).
    Now when the timer beeps for the 10 seconds rest you squeeze out a couple of nice slow full reps.
    When it's time to work again you go back into the 10 second hold.

You repeat this either till the Tabata is over or more likely when your arms can't stand the pain any longer !

If you try it please let me know what you think !

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting, I'll give it a try this week and let you know how it goes, Give this one a try. Do a warm up set of squats, I start out with 15 X 135 lbs. take a 1 minute rest then to 225 X 10 followed immediately by 1 minute of squat jumps, take a 2 minute rest and do another set. Even walking is a challenge after that.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Interesting, I'll give it a try this week and let you know how it goes, Give this one a try. Do a warm up set of squats, I start out with 15 X 135 lbs. take a 1 minute rest then to 225 X 10 followed immediately by 1 minute of squat jumps, take a 2 minute rest and do another set. Even walking is a challenge after that.
    Yeah that would be a real tough one. I'm training at home right now though so anything I squat has to be lifted above my head before I start.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It sound like torture, but don't tell the newbie lifters around here, they may sue you for coming up with an uncomfortable and painful exercise that gives them too much DOMS...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Tabatas are great for bodyweight exercises too

This is a very useful site: http://tabatatraining.org
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Tabatas are great for bodyweight exercises too

This is a very useful site: http://tabatatraining.org
    I love doing Tabata but find I lose too much muscle size.

The method in the post has absolutely no similarities to real Tabata training other than stealing their timer to regulate the set.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A pic of me after trying this technique again today. Did back and biceps, used the technique on Chin ups and Barbell curls.....man they just destroyed me !