Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it this dramatic for everyone?! page

Mommyto4 is offline Member

Is it this dramatic for everyone?!

Primal Fuel
    Okay, this is day 5 of going primal, and I can honestly say I have never felt better in my entire life. I feel like an entirely new person. I wake up every day in disbelief at how good I feel. No more bloating, no more aches and pains. I'm breathing easier. I feel calm. I feel SO light on my feet that I literally want to dance around the room (which I have been doing for the past few days for exercise!). I'm turning 37 years old in 2 days, and I honestly feel like I suddenly have the body of a 10-year-old. It's almost disorienting how COMPLETELY different I feel.

My energy level has increased about 250 percent. I don't feel groggy in the mornings. I'm not so overwhelmed and irritated by the stresses of having small children. I don't feel anxious anymore.

I've been reading a lot about this over the past few days, and I've come to the conclusion that I must have had a sensitivity to gluten all my life. I don't think I had celiac disease, but just a lot of symptoms of gluten insensitivity. I was eating gluten virtually every day of my life, in the form of cereal, bread, bagels, pizza, cookies, etc., etc. I craved it constantly. Yet I really think now that it made me unnecessarily miserable for many years.

I read yesterday that gluten can cause balance problems. I remember a few years ago having a physical done at my doctor's office and they wanted to check my balance. I had virtually none. Well, I tried standing on one foot just now and I was amazed to find that I can happily stand on one foot for a very long time. Strange things like that make me wonder if all this time I've been poisoning my body and not even realizing it.

I'm a very skeptical person and very reluctant to jump on the bandwagon. My husband started trying to go primal a year ago, and I thought he was insane to give up bread. Now I feel so amazing that I want to tell everyone I see about this.

I'm sure this blueprint isn't the answer to every problem in the world, but wow, I am just dumbfounded by how good my body feels. Does everyone feel this good when they go primal? Am I just experiencing dramatic effects because maybe I had a gluten sensitivity?

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    It's not always that dramatic. A lot of people feel sick at first due to the low carb flu. I didn't feel sick but I didn't feel amazingly better... I DID drop five lbs in the first week though, which was impressive. And it kept happening, because I did have a lot to lose. It's slowed down now, not a surprise really. Glad to hear it's working!

Mommyto4 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    It's not always that dramatic. A lot of people feel sick at first due to the low carb flu. I didn't feel sick but I didn't feel amazingly better... I DID drop five lbs in the first week though, which was impressive. And it kept happening, because I did have a lot to lose. It's slowed down now, not a surprise really. Glad to hear it's working!
    Wildrose, thanks, that's good to know because I want to recommend the primal blueprint to people but I don't want to mislead them into thinking they'll definitely feel wonderful right away. I guess it depends on the individual person and their dietary habits beforehand. I was eating fairly healthfully before (other than all the gluten), so maybe that's why I adjusted pretty quickly.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Mommyto4! That is so awesome!
    I have felt much better since going Primal. Not as dramatic as your results, probably more typical. Weight loss, loss of headaches, no bloating, no heartburn, joints feel much better, better sleep and more alert. I have a general feeling of overall wellness. It's great.
    Keep going!

Kimberly P is offline Member
    It was definitely that dramatic for me too but I have to share...the carb flu hit me at 3 weeks in. I got terribly sick for about 3 days. Might have been real flu too...I honestly don't know. However now...one month in...I feel better than I have in many, many years! I am 43 yo female and grandmother of three. In my first month I have lost 16 lbs and dropped a pants size. I just wanted to share so when this good feeling leaves you don't give up cause it will come back. Good luck to you!!! One month for me and can't hardly wait to see what the next month will bring.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

imsuchaprincess is offline Junior Member
    I am on day 6 and woke up with the primal flu!! I have been in bed all day.
    But 3 days in and I was feeling great!!! Hoping this flu goes away soon.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It is for me. Three years later and people still want whatever I'm taking, ha ha. Sometimes I even sing and skip. It's really frightening to these repressed NW people. They barely raise hands in church and I roar by smiling and singing, sprouting rainbows, scares the crap out of them.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuchaprincess View Post
    I am on day 6 and woke up with the primal flu!! I have been in bed all day.
    But 3 days in and I was feeling great!!! Hoping this flu goes away soon.
    Hang in there!!!! You'll be fine. You'll be better than fine.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on the person. How drastically you've changed your diet will make a difference. I always cooked from scratch and ate plenty of meat and veggies...but WAYYYY too much pasta, bread and every kind of grains. So now I'm just cooking and eating more of the good foods I was already used to, but without grains, soy, HFCS and seed oils.

If you just started cooking real foods from scratch, and you used to eat fast food at every meal, you'll probably notice a bigger difference.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Casey is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I felt that good! I FEEL that good! It's been 3 months for me and I am just DAZED at the difference in my mood, my energy, my depression level, my bloating/pain/hunger - I feel like I discovered pockets or something!

Started PB on June 20th, and since that time I have lost 30.2 pounds and 26 INCHES! but honestly, while I love being smaller, it's how I FEEL mentally that just takes the (meat) cake.

I also wish I could tell people about it and convince them to at least TRY, but like everyone says, I'll just be an example. Albeit, a LOUD SINGING WAGGY TAILED example...
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast