Thread: Weird eating patterns - trying to lose fat page

Katharina is offline Member

Weird eating patterns - trying to lose fat

Primal Fuel
    So I'm eating primal most of the time, except for the occasional random foods I have to taste during studying as a chef. From monday to friday when I'm in school, I eat very little during the day (skip breakfast, 2 eggs, a carrot and a banana for lunch) and a normal meal for dinner, and then I'm in bed early (around 9).
    I'm defiently not getting enough calories this way, around 1200-1300 per day, but I function just fine every day and I don't get tired or dizzy when I'm walking around for 4-5 hours in the kitchen.

In the weekend though, when I'm not doing anything, I get more hungry and usually eat 2-3 normal meals during the day, and snack on bananas and 85% chocolate. Sometimes apples with nutbutter.

Should I just keep bingeing in the weekend to get a better overall weekly calorie intake?

I can't really eat more through out the day, I don't function well physically when I'm digesting food. So I'm feeling good with little food in the first half, and a normal meal around 5-6.

I'm 170 cm, female, 68kg and very skinnyfat. I know I need to build muscle, but it's hard for me to focus on workouts atm, my biggest priority is to get through school. So I guess I'm not really trying to lose weight, just fat, and cms.

Oh, and I've just started making bone broths in the weekend that I'll drink through out the week inbetween meals and possibly bring some to school aswell, untill it runs out.
    I actually added some lactose-free Beemster cheese to increase my calories, but I'm afraid I can't tolerate it (I have no clue, I'm just afraid, my gut health is HORRIBLE and that's why I started primal in the first place) so I'm thinking about cutting that out again.

Oh, and the only thing really wrong with my diet is that I eat convetionally raised meat, both lean and fatty, because that's just my only option right now.
    Last edited by Katharina; 09-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Don't worry about eating patterns. In evolutionary terms, you've located more food and killed an animal. Store up for the 5 day hunt. You're compensating for the scarcity of food during your week. I find the same; i work a physical job, i run 2 hours in to work, have a coffee and a snack of some kind, and i dont get hungry, but i eat anything when i get home!
    Nutritionally, it sounds like you're doing well. Don't fuss over organic grass fed etc.. Just do your best to stick to the blueprint according to what is best FOR YOU!

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharina View Post
    In the weekend though, when I'm not doing anything, I get more hungry and usually eat 2-3 normal meals during the day, and snack on bananas and 85% chocolate. Sometimes apples with nutbutter.

Should I just keep bingeing in the weekend to get a better overall weekly calorie intake?
    Well the above doesn't really sound like binging, it sounds healthy and fine. If it averages out to a good weekly caloric intake, then there you go. I'm typically more hungry on the weekends as well. Less to do = more boredom = more opportunity to eat! I can more easily suppress hunger during the week while at work.

Just make sure you're getting sufficient protein. Optimally yes, organic is the way to go, but RL and budget dictates otherwise. Focus on the more lean meats if you have to eat the CAFO stuff.

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    The problem with the lactose free cheese might be that you are not sensitive to lactose but to casseine a1 and the bcm7 your body makes out of it. Try goatmilk cheese, if you tolerate that it is a casseine problem.
    Your food looks good, read the primal blueprint book, it tells you to look at total intake on a weekly basis, not daily. So eating lots one day and less another day is perfectly alright and probably better then the same amount daily. Bone broth is great.

Katharina is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys, I'll stop worrying and keep eating in the way that pleases me

I'll read up on calories in the primal blueprint, and defiently keep making bone broth!

I think I'll stay away from the cheese for a while, it's hard for me to tell if I react to it the few times that I eat it, as i some days taste non-primal stuff in the school kitchen, that I'm intolerant to. What a challenge to get through these studies - the teachers have accepted me as gluten-allergic though hehe