Thread: vibrams for high arched foot type page

Davo is offline Junior Member

vibrams for high arched foot type

Primal Fuel
    Anyone have experience with wearing vibrams with broad, high archedfeet? I've had to wear orthotics for years, I supinate and get super tight in pereious muscle, so think it unlikely vibrams would suit me.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I also have ridiculously high arches (my standard issue boots cut into the tips of my feet and blister) and plantar fasciitis. I have spent a lot of time in orthotics. Basically I was able to wean myself of of them and into a minimalist shoe after about a year. These shoes are meant to strengthen your feet's natural support so of done properly it should be a good thing. Just take it slow and make sure your form is good, do not strike with your heel, and stretch your calves well. My calves get tight if I suddenly run a long distance without working up to it, but I no longer wear orthotics except for rucking with a heavy pack.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Fff I though of something else... There are foot exercises you can do to loosen and strengthen your arch as well. Try looking online.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    How are you walking barefoot? I have extremely high arches as well, and for years used custom orthotics and was convinced that I could not wear minimal shoes. But I've always loved being barefoot and I found that my feet/arches were naturally strengthened from that, so switching to my New Balance Minimus was not as big a transition as I thought it would be. Try being barefoot more often for a while, and really focus on flexing/stretching your feet.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    The vibram five fingers site has great foot exericises. It has been suggested that people transition to the FF by buying minimalist shoes first. After a while get the FF and wear them a few hour at a time, all while doing the exercises.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    There's some good info here: go to beginning and it has some good tips for transitioning

*** NEW BAREFOOT OR MINIMALIST RUNNERS START HERE *** | Runner's World Community