Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating and standing page

jackson44 is offline Senior Member

eating and standing

With all the new science suggesting the death of sitting, who out there eats while standing?

Thanks
    J

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Standing improves cardiovascular health and blood sugar regulation, even independent of motion such as walking, hiking, jogging, etc. (not an excuse to skip out on some slow movement though): Stand Up For Your Health -- Physiologists And Microbiologists Find Link Between Sitting And Poor Health

Therefore, I theorize that eating while standing up could even directly improve your blood glucose and insulin action directly after the meal in a positive way, even as compared to those who stand a lot, but then sit down to eat.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I eat standing up a lot. Just right out of the pan to avoid more dirty dishes. And probably eat too fast. This can't be healthy. But the standing is good no? I like that I'm a zoom zoom all day type a gal.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I'll pass. Meal time is important for the rest & relax signal as much as the nutrition.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    I'll pass. Meal time is important for the rest & relax signal as much as the nutrition.
    I guarantee if you're eating a large enough meal you'll still feel that "signal" regardless of what position you eat in.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I eat standing up a lot. Just right out of the pan to avoid more dirty dishes. And probably eat too fast. This can't be healthy. But the standing is good no? I like that I'm a zoom zoom all day type a gal.
    My friend eats like this and she refers to people who eat standing as "sinkies" as in eating over the sink.

I'm with picklepete, I'm all for sitting at a table (as opposed to sitting in a lazy boy in front of the TV) and relaxing while eating.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    I have two small kids so sometimes, I squat because they enjoy having us parents at the same level as them. I don't mind sitting either, I am not sitting all day long anyway so I don't care.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If I ate while stading I'd need a mop instead of a shower...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jumeitaps is offline Junior Member
    yes,Meal time is important for the rest & relax signal as much as the nutrition. thanks

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    weekend lunch times i eat at the worktop standing, almost straight out of the pan. Usually busy and just quickly cook some bacon and eggs for lunch while working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast