Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons why YOU will die early page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Reasons why YOU will die early

Shop Now
    List those things that have happened to you that may have weakened or damaged you. Things that, even though you are aiming for optimal health now, have probably shortened your life regardless.

Exposure to UV-cured lacquer, direct skin contact daily for over a year. Supposedly guaranteed to cause cancer.

Extreme malnutrition/near-starvation, ritalin overdoses, and emotional stress in my early teenage years, animal studies show severe stress at this stage of development shortens lifespans even if the creature lives a calm and nourished life later on.

Regularly reaching into buckets of butyl-acetate to retrieve tools, I mean 3x a day for four years. Plus often inhaling clouds of solvent fumes and lacquer spray, stirring 55gal barrels of lacquer, etc.

Just being an intense person, the higher blood pressure and increased heart rate. I do make it a point to relax when I remember, but my baseline is clenched teeth and balls to the wall attack mode, whether happy or moody, I feel strong, like huge powerful waves of awesomeness coursing through me all the time. I have seen that relaxed, lazy, passive useless people tend to live longer. But fusk those lazy assholes. I'd rather die awesome.

*will update if I remember more stuff

[edit]I was not breast fed and was almost starved to death on bad formula... I just kept throwing it up. My parents fed me tons of honey, though...
    Last edited by Knifegill; 08-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ombat is offline Senior Member
    What a fucking downer. Look forward, dude.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

This is a fun topic! Death is to be celebrated. Are you afraid to look death in the eye? Laugh at the reaper, he is only the end of your story, nothing more.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This is a fun topic! Death is to be celebrated. Are you afraid to look death in the eye? Laugh at the reaper, he is only the end of your story, nothing more.
    I mean your focus on the past, not on death. Death is in your future; how can you face death in the eye if you're looking behind you?

You have a distorted view of time, my friend. You were born today and you will die today.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well, I just spent 2 weeks backpacking in grizzly bear country. Someone was on the can in my camp when a grizzly cub ran by. Good place to be if you're going to get the shit scared outta you. I never saw it. Anyway, why might I die early? Usually I forget to properly store something when I'm in bear country.

I'm blond haired, blue eyed and I don't use sunscreen very much.

Long time ago I had a job testing building sample for asbestos. We'd sometimes blow asbestos fibers at each other when we were bored.

I ride a motorcycle. Regularly people pull right out in front of me. Yesterday some lady started to turn left right in front of me. If she hadn't changed her mind I would have been toast. There was no escape.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Let me see... too much sex with woman less than half my age, too much diet coke, too much exercise, too much booze and beer, too much sleep... The list goes on forever, so I'll probably die tomorrow or maybe even today...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Jealous boyfriends with sniper training might be a factor in my untimely demise.

I'm enjoying this thread a lot more now that it's turned into a pissing contest. You guys are great. I really mean that.

Oh and Knife, time is an illusion. If I am born and die today, then you are currently slathering yourself with UV lacquer paint

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I believe the strong vision of myself receiving national media attention on the occasion of my 120th birthday (I'll be surrounded by flowers, can't you just picture it) is far stronger than any fuzzy memories of my biological mother copping to huffing paint and smoking during pregnancy.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast