Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why YOU will die early page 7

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was born with hydrocephalus to a mother with severe mental issues and was abused/neglected. At age 12 I was hit by a car and 'died' - the whole tunnel, lights, loved ones, euphoria nine yards. Honestly, I've used up several miracles making it to adulthood, everything since has been a bit of an added bonus. That said: heavy drinker, not much in the way of exercise...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    wow, is that true ?? I was on that stuff myself for a couple of years (between the age of 15 and 17 or so). I had these weird acne cysts (not the usual kind that shows a white tip, but the painful stuff that stays under the skin and is more spread than a simple pimple). If I had known that it was bad quality dairy mixed up with wheat crap, PUFAs and refined sugar ... I would have stopped that stuff right away. I had strange thoughts during this period, not suicidal or depressed but weird and dark. I always thought it was the normal lot of teenagers ... goddamned drugs ...
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...r-better-skin/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1991058.stm
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the links. Looks like real shit ... In the middle of my Roaccutane period, I started wearing black clothes, read tons of Lovecraft books, Stephen King's novels, got into UFO stuff, and listened to gothic music almost exclusively*. After 2 years, my acne condition improved and I started to wear colorful clothes, listened to non gothic music and read lighter stuff ... I thought I was leaving my teenage condition for a more mature one ... Damned drug!

*I mean the older kind of gothic music because I am not exactly very young - turned 39 a few days ago).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Accident-prone and klutzy. I will most likely die an unintentional death of my own doing.
    Skin cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, Alzheimer's, and every common heart/ blood/ lung problem in the past two generations.
    Asthmatic with heinous allergies.
    Lots of second hand smoke, both as a kid and now.
    Lead paint, and I know I ate at least a little. Same goes for he questionable linoleum glue.
    Soy formula fed, at least the second generation.
    Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    Depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADD/ ADHD, borderline Aspberger's.
    Badly healed cracked rib and a first metatarsal avulsion fracture.
    Several bouts of bronchitis as a kid.
    Reasonably certain I dislocated and popped back in my left ankle in soccer once.
    Oak Cliff soccer as a kid on hard pack clay. I wasn't the first kid to get a concussion or 3 by landing on my head after a slide tackle, and I won't be the last.
    Physically abusive father, emotionally abusive and neglectful mother. I had a large hand in raising my younger sisters.
    High stress job (civil engineer) in a high stress economy (oil town during a boom.)
    Fell off the jungle gym and swignset too many times to count, got thrown in my cousins pool when I couldn't swim, fell off at least 3 different roofs.
    Lived at the top of a steep hill with a well planted mailbox at the bottom of it in the middle of the sidewalk. Lost baby teeth that way.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    I'm not. And I will outlive most people in my circumstances out of pure spite, alone.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    I'm not. And I will outlive most people in my circumstances out of pure spite, alone.
    There you go, like someone said: "The good die young but evil lives forever!"

I figure I'll be around for awhile.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Accident-prone and klutzy. I will most likely die an unintentional death of my own doing.
    That's me, too. And, I have really fragile, skinny bones that like to break over and over and over. I figure I'll die of infections in the hospital from getting surgery on a broken hip...

If I can just keep myself from breaking myself, I'll probably live to 90-100. That's how old my great-grandparents were, and my grandparents are 82, 86, and 87 (my mom's dad died in surgery at 62). I'm also short, have a good metabolism, a great immune system, had a healthy SAD diet as a child, never drank/smoked/did any drugs, and I have a lot of spunk. Knifegill is required to work very hard on his health so he can live as long as I'm supposed to!

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Sugar. Tons and tons of sugar. I used to put something like 5 spoonfuls of sugar in my coffee every morning. Now I use 1 spoonful each of sugar and stevia, and sometimes an extra of sugar if I really feel like it needs it. Still kind of a lot, but it's a lot better than it was.

Speaking of coffee, I've been drinking it since I was a child (maybe 10 years old?) so I'm sure that's not too good either.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    Speaking of coffee, I've been drinking it since I was a child (maybe 10 years old?) so I'm sure that's not too good either.
    Many French kids (especially country side) grow up on "café au lait", upgrading to black coffee quite early enough. Or so it was when I was a kid ... today, I bet it is cereals and other crap. Not at home ...

Casey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Skin cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, Alzheimer's, and every common heart/ blood/ lung problem in the past two generations.
    Asthmatic with heinous allergies.
    Lots of second hand smoke, both as a kid and now.
    Lead paint, and I know I ate at least a little. Same goes for he questionable linoleum glue.
    Soy formula fed, at least the second generation.
    Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    Depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADD/ ADHD, borderline Aspberger's.
    Badly healed cracked rib and a first metatarsal avulsion fracture.
    Several bouts of bronchitis as a kid.
    Reasonably certain I dislocated and popped back in my left ankle in soccer once.
    Oak Cliff soccer as a kid on hard pack clay. I wasn't the first kid to get a concussion or 3 by landing on my head after a slide tackle, and I won't be the last.
    Physically abusive father, emotionally abusive and neglectful mother. I had a large hand in raising my younger sisters.
    High stress job (civil engineer) in a high stress economy (oil town during a boom.)
    Fell off the jungle gym and swignset too many times to count, got thrown in my cousins pool when I couldn't swim, fell off at least 3 different roofs.
    Lived at the top of a steep hill with a well planted mailbox at the bottom of it in the middle of the sidewalk. Lost baby teeth that way.
    UGH. Freaking PARENTS. Mine were horrific too. I don't know if you have researched narcissism, but there is a whole bunch of Adult Children of Narcissist blogs. If you're interested, this is a good place to start Narcissists Suck: Narcissists Can't Be Rehabilitated - her blog is sort of considered to be the apex of the subject. Hope you've found a way to heal from that. You have my sincere empathy.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast