Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons why YOU will die early page 4

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    7) I tan easily and basically haven't worn sunscreen my entire life. I live in NZ... hello ozone layer hole. I am a bit protected because I'm not fully white, and my skin is a bit darker than other white people... but yeah I'm probably still screwed.

Sun exposure ≠ skin cancer. It's only if you burn. Pale folk are advised to avoid unprotected sun exposure because every burn puts you more at risk. BUT someone with dark skin who burns regularly is more likely to get skin cancer than someone pale who never burns. Add to that the fact that some sunscreens are linked to higher cancer risk and you're better off not using one, if you rarely burn or don't burn at all.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

laurathegoth is offline Member
    I have had some pretty bad sunburns (blisters) so skin cancer is defo a concern.
    I spent my childhood eating a lot of convenience foods (potato waffles, fish fingers etc).
    I spent 5 years in the RAF drinking ridiculous amounts of alcohol and takeaways several times a week. Oh and mess food.
    While in the RAF I worked with dodgy oils, fuels and lubricants daily which were carcinogenic.
    But I don't think about any of that stuff tbh!

Elanmarie is offline Junior Member
    Most feared would be dementia or Alzheimer's, in the family genes. Could be from bad sunburns, a coffee addiction, non-organic cotton tampon usage in the past, liberal spraying of chemical cocktails known as perfume...the list goes on....eh, but most likely a car accident since I daydream too much while driving. Luckily, I rarely think about my ultimate demise!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    have been hit by lightning and a car. (not at the same time.)

i am immortal.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind death so much if I didn't have to go through that whole disgusting and painful dying thing. Why can't we just lie down and go to sleep like the Numenorians?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Sun exposure ≠ skin cancer. It's only if you burn. Pale folk are advised to avoid unprotected sun exposure because every burn puts you more at risk. BUT someone with dark skin who burns regularly is more likely to get skin cancer than someone pale who never burns. Add to that the fact that some sunscreens are linked to higher cancer risk and you're better off not using one, if you rarely burn or don't burn at all.
    Wait. I thought UVA = rays responsible for aging & skin cancer, and UVB = rays for burns... And so not burning doesn't mean much about aging/cancer. Am I wrong?
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    College.... basically everything I did was bad for my health.

But, I keep having this flash back to a 40 foot cliff jump I did in Jamaica. I misjudged the rocks bellow and actually skinned my back on them....thats how close I came to death. Or at least 2 broken legs while off the reservation in the hills of Jamaica. I have this twisted idea that in one (or several) of our many realities I actually did not make the jump and that is the REAL reason that my knees ache every now and then

Giddyup73 is offline Junior Member
    My family and I run a ranch. We raise Longhorn cattle and use horses. I have been stomped into the ground by a 2100 pound bull. I have been hit in the head with horns that spread out over 80 inches. I have been thrown from my horse and mule multiple times. I have been bitten by a rattler in the lower thigh. I fell off the roof during a bad snow storm trying to remove snow. When I served my country I was shot at. I have fallen off a 16 foot ladder did a rear dislocation on the shoulder and just missed impaling my self on re-bar. I went hunting with my cousin enough on that one. The thought of death rattles my cage at times and at other times I say bring it on. I do know I am not going to stop living life until it is done. everyday is a gift to spend with my family.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Exclusively formula fed, raised on veg oils, years of antibiotic and accutane for acne, depression & anxiety, ED for 10 years, never exercised until my 20s.

It's all behind me now, so yay.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Haha I was a second generation formula fed baby (and sadly my kids are third generation!!) so I have no hope

Hmm actually I'm pretty darn healthy considering!

Hmm a few years ago I found playing with mercury to be fun... I had some in a match box! (At uni some thing with mercury broke and I captured some!!) I also kept a larger amount in a small jar for some years... I can't remember what I did with it though!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast