Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons why YOU will die early page 3

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    I worked in a laboratory developing inks in my twenties. The only real ventilation was the fire door which only got opened in good weather. We were all as high as kites by lunch time and very cheap dates by Friday!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i snorted sugar when i was little
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Left handed male born two months early so statistically (If urban rumors can be believed) likely to cop it early.

Anxiety prone/nail biter for as long as I can remember!

I enjoy riding motorbikes very fast, on and off road.

Electrician (Asbestos and the chances of getting a decent shock one day)

The important thing is I'll leave a fucking sexy corpse.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I have been both underweight and overweight. Swinging from one extreme to another really taxes the body. BUT, it was brief swings, so chances of impact are probably in the "maybe months" territory.
    Raised vegan until I was 6. Some structural damage is possible.
    Family history of breast cancer, although this is probably the most preventative diet, it isn't a 'block', by any means.
    I aim to have my own farm. Chances of life-threatening injury? Pretty good. I also want to have many children, but women in my family seem able to birth without problems (even alone, at home on the kitchen floor), so this SHOULDN'T be an issue for me.

Basically: young and smart. Very little has hit me and my main concerns are beyond my control (accidents and breast cancer).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    To quote the Gnolls Credo:

We are born and we die. No one cares, no one remembers, and it doesn't matter. This is why we laugh.
    I could list the stupid shit that I did that might cause me to die early or I could list the smart shit that I have done that might keep me alive another day or two.

Or I could just enjoy today for what it is, look forward to tomorrow and if tomorrow never comes for me, so be it.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I was born...

That alone is going to cause me to die...

So, today I will live and possibly see a tomorrow to repeat and continue to do that until I am dead...
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    To quote the Gnolls Credo:

We are born and we die. No one cares, no one remembers, and it doesn't matter. This is why we laugh.
    This thread is part of that laughter.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    There is a Kabyle saying my sister enjoys reminding me on occasion:

"There's today, there's tomorrow, and there's the grave"

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Oooh this is fun.

1) Heart surgery when I was 4. It was a congenital birth defect and minor (in terms of open heart surgery) but I always feel like I'm weaker. Like yes they fixed the obvious problem but is my heart just naturally suboptimal?
    2) Very strong family history of bowel cancer. This isn't really with the theme of the thread but I've been thinking about it lately (since 2 of my grandparents have died in the last year or so of it/related cancers and 1 is currently battling/losing to it)
    3) I put my cellphone in my bra as a pocket for 4 years straight when I was a teenager. Is till do it occasionally now if I'm desperate. I've seen scary scaremongering stuff about breast cancer from doing that.
    4) At my highest weight I was prediabetic and massively screwed up hormones and a lot of really really unpleasant health issues which only about 2 people in the entire world know about because I keep them so secret and I can't help but feel that I probably did some bad permanent damage. I was overweight for 2 years, morbidly obese for 2 years, and am now overweight currently.
    5) My passion for lifting heavy shit is likely going to be detrimental at some point, if not already. There's a point that's too far, as with everything, and I'm going there. I'm competitive and this shit is fun.
    6) When I was young and had asthma, I obviously had inhalers. I can remember liking the feeling of the spray on my tongue, so I would spray over and over again just for the cool sensation. We're talking 100doses at a time type thing. I feel like inhaling that many chemicals just can't be good, regardless of medicinal use.
    7) I tan easily and basically haven't worn sunscreen my entire life. I live in NZ... hello ozone layer hole. I am a bit protected because I'm not fully white, and my skin is a bit darker than other white people... but yeah I'm probably still screwed.

YAY DEATH
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This thread is part of that laughter.
    There are some that fear death and there are some that find it entertaining/interesting. I just fall into the neutral category. I will die. I have a fairly good idea of what will happen to my body and soul. The in-between can either be interesting or not be.
    This thread was interesting to me. I'm satisfied with simple things like this.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast