Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!: Caloric deficit impossible with this much fat! page 13

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    It's not true for almost everyone, especially women! This has got to be the single most idiotic idea to come out of Paleo- that somehow changing the quality of your food or the ratios of your macros will result in an ideal weight with ZERO concern for calories. I don't buy it. That's fodder for a whole other CICO debate, but there is nothing that any study can tell me to the contrary that will explain why I have a box of several thousand dollars worth of clothing that I outgrew by disregarding calories. Shame on me for abandoning my own common sense and logic.
    It is true that many people who lower their carbs and increase their fat end up with sufficient appetite suppression that calorie counting is not necessary, and they lose weight apparently effortlessly. I am not one of those people, but they certainly are common.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i take occasional breaks from this board to get away from the contentious behavior of so few who make it an unpleasant place. jeebus.

i have been low-carb for 4 years now, primal for 2, and am very happy with both.

obvz 3000 cals is simply too much food and if you're drinking oil? um, ew.

set yourself a decent serving of protein for each meal. 4-6 oz. or 3-4 eggs. you can have plenty of vegetables on the plate too, with a pat of butter or what-have you. savor, don't smother.

for now, if you feel hungry, eat a hard-boiled egg or a few bites of meat. your body has been badly nourished for a long time and is greedy for whole, healthy foods. if you don't want an egg, you're not actually hungry, so just drink water. start adding in superfoods like liver and oysters too.

the blah feeling may very well be low-carb flu, so drink some broth with good salt, eat some avocado or at the very least take a magnesium/potassium supplement.

good luck.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Or, you could just disregard any of the advice we gave you and do what Jared did with Subway sandwiches. Worked for him.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Or, you could just disregard any of the advice we gave you and do what Jared did with Subway sandwiches. Worked for him.
    He's fat again.

That's what happens when you crash diet and don't support your metabolism, you balloon back up after you drop weight. I bet he was pissing all the time, and cold as ice.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He's fat again.

That's what happens when you crash diet and don't support your metabolism, you balloon back up after you drop weight. I bet he was pissing all the time, and cold as ice.
    Not to mention, he grew a mangina. Estogen dominance is a bitch.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Am I still one of the few who believes that crashing and burning in ketosis is just as much an issue as crashing and burning on sugar and starches? If you can't digest or metabolize fats efficiently, you have just as much of an issue as someone who can't metabolize starches and sugars properly IMO. If you fall into either camp or (I hope not) both, you have some issues to address either way.

Ketosis is not necessary for everyone, high carb is not necessary for everyone. In fact, for most, a more moderate approach is best for overall nutritional health. However, if you were forced to eat a diet of rice and fruit only, you should hopefully not go into a diabetic comma immediately. Same goes if all you had access to for a while was meat and eggs. You should not go into major hypoglycemic shock from an inability to process the fat and protein.

Let's shake things up a bit, ya know? Keep all of our metabolic options open to us and not eat diets so restricted that when we're forced out of necessity, to eat another way, it destroys us.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    No Drumroll, you must pick a side. It's either ketosis, high carb, or CICO. There can be only one true way to lose fat.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not to mention, he grew a mangina. Estogen dominance is a bitch.
    Those titties
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    No Drumroll, you must pick a side. It's either ketosis, high carb, or CICO. There can be only one true way to lose fat.
    Aaaack, no! But mommy, I don't wanna!

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    That's what you'd think if you listened to people on this forum

This place actually infuriates me now... I haven't been, and will continue to not, spend much time here.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast