Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival Week 8/3/09 - Fair Warning! :) page 3

Jedi is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Oh man I was ravenous this morning, IFing dinner has a stronger effect than when I fo a full ESE dinner to dinner. I also can't eat for an hour after getting up as I take thyroid meds!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Great job everyone! Ready for day two?

I have NO idea what is going to happen with my food today. I'll be IFing breakfast, and I think I'll eat the last of my "Survivor Soup" for lunch. I've got a date tonight so dinner is totally up in the air. Of course I'm going to stick to the plan. I just don't know what I'm going to end up having.

I'll update tonight. That "favorites" thing is a lifesaver.

A date, Diana? Good luck! I think I am going to toss the 'ol challenge journal. I don't want to be a part of the forum spam. Those of you that have kept up with it regularly are my heros and I look forward to reading your journals everyday, however, I hate seeing a gajillion of them everyday and not being able to find out what craziness Diana has cooked up, the triumphs of DCKMB, and the recipes of FlyNavyWife!

Anywho, off my soap box.

Today:

B: My omelet

L: IF

S: only if I need it: pack o tuna

D: Big Ass taco salad

S: the mighty pork rind

Need to drink more water today

Workout: hehee, I just turned the calendar page (I schedule my workouts 3 months out)...Plyometrics. Ugh.

Carbs 32

hannahc is offline Senior Member

PJAP do you do a taco salad with ground beef and salsa? Because that sounds delicious! I hadn't really thought of it since I always associate taco salad with crunched up tortilla chips. What else do you put in?

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

@hannahc - I love my taco salad. I buy hearts of romaine and use two of them. It's a ton of greens, and it makes me feel like I am FEASTING! I brown some ground beef, chicken, or turkey, whatever I have on hand (or is on sale). In a dish I mix the salsa (check the labels, some are high in sugar, crazy), and some sour cream for dressing. Then I will toss in some other things, maybe a fire roasted bell pepper, hot pepper, hearts of palm, or cucumber. You'd be surprised (I was!) at how good cucumber tastes in a taco salad. It gives that crunch that you would typically get with the chips. Or you could use water chestnuts, but they are a little higher in carbs. I was also surprised that you don't need dressing! The salsa and sour cream work perfectly.

Whew, I am done with plyometrics. I hate it, and I love it. I love it more when I am done. Now to go outside and cut some flower beds along my fence.

SullynNH Guest

You ladies amaze me each week (not being sarcastic)...you commit to these regimens and really stick with it... PJAP (gotta love Tony H and Plyo X)...trying to gain lean mass so no IF'ing for me...you are all doing Grok and Grokette's proud!

Did chuckle at the weekend warriors comment...where did all these people come from (not that I've been on here for months myself)

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Aw, PJAP, I'm sad about your journal. But I totally understand.

Taco salad has got to be one of my most favorite meals of all time.

Plyometrics was the one work-out I dreaded doing the P90X series. But man it sure does wonders. I'll be starting that back up August 17 when I get back from vacation. I have really missed it but have also enjoyed the break :-)

Diana- is this a new guy or the same one from last date?

Today we've got eggs, canadian bacon, coconut oil, tuna salad, cherries, almonds, meatloaf, and asparagus for food. Will post final carbs later.

So...I am dying to know what part of Plyo you guys hate the most! My butt tends to clench when it's time for "rock star hops" and "jump knee tucks". I can get through the whole thing now, and even can give Mr. jumpy jump guy in the back a run for his money. But I still hate it when I see it on the calendar. Even Interval X + is easier than plyo.

@Sully - I am working on lean muscle growth as well. Combining primal with the anabolic diet. These survival weeks lend themselves well to that. So it's a week of total suckage, and then come saturday, it's carb circus. *cue carnival music*

brichter45 is offline Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Thought i'd join in today! Dairy is my downfall! I love dairy in just about everything!

I'm IFing all day today to get back on track after a few too many beers with my boss last night! I actually enjoy IFing because it gets my energy levels back on track for the rest of the week!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

welcome aboard, brichter!

PJAP- I must say that the jump knee tucks are also a "butt clenching" moment for me. And I cry silent tears every time I have to do Mary Katherine's. I'm sure my neighbors hate me- the entire joint shakes and vibrates with my jumping around. The only saving grace is that ab ripper X is not on plyo days. I would kill myself if that were the case.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast