• Yes

47 46.08%
  • No

55 53.92%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: On a low carb primal/paleo diet, did or do you binge? page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Maybe both. I certainly went ham on carbs when I said "fuck this shit" and threw my fat sources on the ground and took a long drive throwing nut butters, nuts, and other fats out the window of my car. I gave a bag of avocados to a hobo too.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Wait... are we talking about "binges" involving LC foods or carb "binges"? Lol. I totally took it as "carb binges" due to restriction, did I misunderstand?
    No you didnt.

Im asking i people had uncontrollable urges to stuff theyre face with carbs/junk foods/whatever while on low carb.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    As someone with intermittent history of BED since I was sixteen, I'm not taking this topic lightly. Restrictive diet for me results in binging. I did very low-carb (read ketosis) for a year and then low-carb (approx 100-120g) diet for several months afterwards and it made my binging much worse and a more frequent occurrence. It's embarrassing for me to talk about it, actually. For the past few months I have switched to a higher carbohydrate diet where I eat plenty of fruit and certain sweet tasting foods are now part of my diet repertoire. It's been life-changing for me thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Wait... are we talking about "binges" involving LC foods or carb "binges"? Lol. I totally took it as "carb binges" due to restriction, did I misunderstand?
    j3nn, I'm not sure exactly either, but IME when I was doing the low-carb thing I binged on low-carb foods including fake sugars, cause at the time I had "it's allowed" mentality.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Following low carb I do not binge and can really relax and enjoy food, but give me actual sugar foods and you will see me heading to the kitchen again and again. The more sugar I have the more I would binge, eating a sad diet with unrestricted sugar (things like Jelly Babies, dolly mixtures, so mainly sugar) caused me to grossly binge on more food causing an emptiness where nothing satisfied me. As soon as I worked to remove the sugar......and it was very hard, all my cravings went away. I do still have some sugar again now, but I can feel the pull very quickly and have to get it out of the house very quickly and make sure I don't incorporate it every day. In past years, sugar has been my downfall. I know it isn't the same for everyone and for some restricting certain food causes binges, this is not the case for me with sugar.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

On SAD, you're eating a lot of PUFA and fat regardless. Not to mention, in those candies, they put things in them to make them as addictive as possible. It's not the same as fruit, white sugar, et al. believe me. Those things are beyond normal levels of sweet, which is why those artificial sweeteners like Splenda often cause people to binge eat.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    About one a week I go out for all you can eat sushi, with rice. This is a planned carb refeed. This combined with HFLC most of the time with bulletproof intermittent fasting most days seems to be optimal, at least for me. Losing fat, gaining muscle, feeling great, and outperforming mere mortals. I know you intended this thread to show that your high carb way of eating is superior, but my experience does not support that, at least not for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Timthetaco Guest
    I've never been the type to binge, but when my wife was doing LC with me, quite often she would stare longingly at the chocolate cakes in the grocery store bakery. She was obsessed with cake. She tells me those cravings are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I've never been the type to binge, but when my wife was doing LC with me, quite often she would stare longingly at the chocolate cakes in the grocery store bakery. She was obsessed with cake. She tells me those cravings are gone now.
    Yeah, women are suckers for chocolate and bakery goods, I find. Not sure why people even want to live a life full of restrictions, even if it were better for you(it's not). How boring, to live in fear of every food item that contains sugar. Meat & veggies for life, really? I see the same reactions when I smoke, who cares? Stop being a square. "high on life" is such bullshit, especially when you can't even enjoy a lot of what life has to offer cause you're on a heavily restricted diet carrying around a superiority complex.

This is what invokes a lot of the obsessive behavior, including binging, cause it's really not normal.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-31-2013 at 09:43 AM.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Before I went low carb, I was subject to periodic binges. Too many carbs led to more carbs and more carbs with no control.

I've been eating low carb since early 2009 and can honestly say I have never binged since beginning LC. I've also lost all the weight I wanted, have much improved health markers, & more energy. People tell me frequently that I look far younger than my 67 years.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Before I went low carb, I was subject to periodic binges. Too many carbs led to more carbs and more carbs with no control.

I've been eating low carb since early 2009 and can honestly say I have never binged since beginning LC. I've also lost all the weight I wanted, have much improved health markers, & more energy. People tell me frequently that I look far younger than my 67 years.
    You certainly act younger(much) than 67, but I guess you're a boomer, so that's expected

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast