Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Strong page

live strong is offline Junior Member

Living Strong

Primal Fuel
    Living strong means to me; lifting heavy things, having great energy levels to go all day and be up for spur of the moment activities, having a quick mind that is not preoccupied with my weight, not procrastinating doing things that make me feel good, having follow through and personal integrity.

I'm not sure what direction this journal will take. I already track my food on MyFitnessPal, and my activity with FitBit. Perhaps, this will be a put-it-all-together space, making connections, and reminding myself.

Current workout plan: 4 day split Nerd fitness barbell battalion level one.
    Current dietary guidelines: 1700 cal/day; 50-100g carbs/day

Nerd fitness is a great site!

My life at level 50: debt payed off, time and financial freedom to travel 4-8 weeks per year, work from home, not to stress about the little things, 20-22% bf, lift heavy things, sprint, walk lots, improve flute playing and music theory to intermediate or advanced levels, grow closer to my DH, play. Kid(s)?

Frequently I feel shallow, like I only focus on weight / bf loss. Typing the above has really given me pleasure to know that my life is more well rounded!

Next actions: balance my mortgage prepayment with spending for travel, lift heavy things regularly(2x/wk), sprint occasionally(1x/wk), continue with DH's career trajectory, focus on deep breaths when I feel stress over the little things build, continue to focus on my music lessons, spend time with DH (even if I'd rather just sit at home and read), continue to walk lots and plan some social hikes.

Owen is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=live strong;1296666]Living strong means to me; lifting heavy things, having great energy levels to go all day and be up for spur of the moment activities, having a quick mind that is not preoccupied with my weight, not procrastinating doing things that make me feel good, having follow through and personal integrity.QUOTE]

I like the cut of your jip :-) Thats the type of behaviour we are looking to see appear in ourselves when we become more active/proactive on account of having more energy. Good wording.

I think I've finally found a way to consistently incorporate affirmations and journaling into my day! I was listening to a podcast and as a side note the host mentioned that he kept a notebook beside the toilet. First thing in the morning write affirmations, and at the end of the day write three successes. It's only day 2, but I have high hopes.

It's Monday morning, so I took my tape measurements, bf% and lbs. I wasn't 100% game on for the week, but since my original measurements etc were taken the day after getting back from vacation, there was substantial progress. Obviously progress will slow substantially, and I am torn as to weekly or once every three weeks for measurements etc. A week will probably be too short a time period to see significant results frequently, but once every three weeks might give me too much wiggle room and result in slower overall progress.

Drinking milk makes me stuffy and mucusy. I wake up with a sugar hang over. Remember these things.

Ate in keeping with my mid term goals yesterday, and was rewarded in the short term as well. Slept better last night. Didn't wake up with carb hangover. Remember this.

Ugh! DH left out freezer meat in the basement. For two days. Found dripping, decaying meat this morning. Insult to injury, our garbage pick up is every two weeks, and just happened, so it is going to stink up the yard for awhile.

Finally bought The Primal Blueprint.

Love it: perfection is impossible, but striving for perfection is not.

It's a whole new way to look at the 80% rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast