Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living Strong page 2

live strong is offline Junior Member
    Completed three days in a row of reasonable eating. Then resisted weighing myself this morning (a known momentum stealer). Here's to another great day!

Feeling really good. Staying away from the scale.

Finished reading primal blueprint. Great book. I like the gene expression angle. It's like a health and fitness hack. Or, more like, here's the software to get the most out of your hardware, instead of CW's sledgehammer approach to programming. Not to mention I always noticed that if I was really going full boar on a workout, I'd be spent by 30 min in. Short workouts make sense to me. One thing I am not really sure about though is the moving frequently at a slow pace. I walk a lot, but my heart rate rarely breaks 55%, more like 45-50%. Oh well, I think I can manage an extra two hours of light cardio.

Thinking about giving up calorie counting and just focusing on being healthy. I've always come back to counting though. It's so easy on smart phones now, and it feels safe.

DH supports not calorie counting, at least until November.

Just got back from a two hour walk and wander.

Ugh, yesterday. Eating fell apart a bit, and I felt fat and anti social. For better or for worse, isolating myself was not an option

Better today.

It's been 3 weeks since I took progress pics, and I've been doing circumference measurements and calliper body fat testing on Mondays, so today I took pictures (front, side and back) along with my other measurements. It looks like I am making some progress .

Today at the gym, I think I was stronger on my pull ups and deadlifts. My workout journal will now be my progress barometer instead of the scale.

Also, on my fitbit account, I put in my measurements as 143 lbs, and 20% bf, so that I wouldn't be tempted to step onto the scale, just to update my fitbit for a more accurate burn meter.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Changing up the workouts. Aiming for brisk walk Sunday, whole body heavy weights Monday, PEM one circuit Wednesday, 70-75% hr cardio Thursday 1/2-1 hour, sprints or weights Friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12