Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal friendly countries. page 2

mammal is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you again. You also mention that raw milk can be found there. Is it camel milk?. Also, do you know if grass fed meat is the norm in the middle east?.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mammal View Post
    Thank you again. You also mention that raw milk can be found there. Is it camel milk?. Also, do you know if grass fed meat is the norm in the middle east?.
    Raw milk here is going to be cow's milk. Camels are not as common as you might think and are not a food animal normally, maybe with the Bedouins but not normally outside of that. I think the Bedouins use more donkeys than anything else.

As to grass fed versus grain fed, I would guess that most of the beef here will be grain fed, the grass fed stuff you have to look a bit deeper for. For goat and lamb, it mostly seems to be grass fed.

There are some factory chicken farms here but the free ranging chickens are pretty easy to find. At the local market where I live, the eggs are very fresh often with feather still on the eggs.

As to the rest of the Middle-East, other than Yemen where all our foods were imported, I really couldn't say.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

peril is offline Senior Member
    South Pacific - Nouvelle Caledonie, Vanuatu, Solomon Is, Fiji etc - all pasture raise cattle, have free range pork and poultry and have excellent wild seafood, not to mention local delicacies like flying fox. Visit the markets for cheap village prepared traditional food
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    If he's already ruled out Aus and NZ, isn't the rest of the South Pacific implicitly ruled out as well?

(which is a pity, because this part of the world is particularly awesome)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    If he's already ruled out Aus and NZ, isn't the rest of the South Pacific implicitly ruled out as well?

(which is a pity, because this part of the world is particularly awesome)
    Not necessarily. And they have kava too
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    In Luxembourg locally raised cattle most probably will be grass fed. Lots of cattle in the pastures and no so much in the small stables. In Germany I was shocked after I searched through all the supermarket for smoked pork (any kind) and found that regardless of who made it, there was sugar in all of it! Why? Poland has really nice food, always love it. Don't know how grass fed, but yummy, I always look forward to going there mostly because of the fantastic food that is available in every little roadside restaurant. Try the Baltic countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia - lots of potatoes and pork, but also vegetables, cattle just isn't that popular, but everything is tasty and you can choose at least very close to primal. I mean in a restaurant anywhere in the world you can't be too sure what they use for cooking and appearances may deceive. Farmers markets exist but you have to know when and where. Often the farmers deliver products to their long time customers directly.

mammal is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your feedback. I would like to visit the Baltic countries, I know that meat is the cornerstone of their diet, but Im not sure if its grass fed.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Don't want to sound too nationalistic but France can be quite primal Go to Normandie for example, most cows are A2 type and grass-fed. The dairy stuff from this area is unbeatable. The region I grew up is called Calvados. For the gourmets of the forums, this name should ring a bell

Now go to Lyon and you get to enjoy the "bouchon lyonnais". South-west = cassoulet, rillettes and foie-gras, South-east = bouillabaisse, olives, garlic and fruits sweeter than in your most wet dreams Every part of France is a terroir to explore. And primal fits quite well with it. Of course, you can bypass the bread!!!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Don't want to sound too nationalistic but France can be quite primal Go to Normandie for example, most cows are A2 type and grass-fed. The dairy stuff from this area is unbeatable. The region I grew up is called Calvados. For the gourmets of the forums, this name should ring a bell

Now go to Lyon and you get to enjoy the "bouchon lyonnais". South-west = cassoulet, rillettes and foie-gras, South-east = bouillabaisse, olives, garlic and fruits sweeter than in your most wet dreams Every part of France is a terroir to explore. And primal fits quite well with it. Of course, you can bypass the bread!!!
    I spent a wonderful day in the Calvados region while on a cruise. We went on a tour of the distillery.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is sad how much the American SAD diet is corrupting the world.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast