Thread: Extreme fullness page

live strong is offline Junior Member

Extreme fullness

Primal Fuel
    I am new to paleo, 3 days in. I have been aware of my calorie intake and/or formal calorie counted for 14 years. I currently use MyFitnessPal's iPhone app, so I know that my meals are averaging 100-200 cal less and my snacking is virtually non-exsistant. If I want something at the end of a meal I'll add 1/2 tbsp of oil.

Anyways, to get to the point, I am very full, and full for a long time. Ie I ate dinner at 4:30pm yesterday, and could barely drink water after an evening hike. I was thirsty, but I was full. This morning I wasn't hungry at breakfast, but did make a 3 egg veggie scramble with coconut oil and coffee. It's lunch time and I am to full to think about food.

The fullness is not the lower belly, sluggish full I get from binging (being paranoid about weight is a recipe for mildly disordered eating), it is at the top of belly. It kind of feels like it is poking me whenever I drink or eat something. Could this be liver or gal bladder related? From too much fat?

diene is offline Senior Member
    You're probably just experiencing the appetite suppression that some people get when eating high fat low carb. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start experiencing other symptoms, like pain.

live strong is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. Looks like it has cleared up. My appetite has been more normal as the day has gone on.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Don't force yourself to eat or drink. Only eat until you're no longer hungry. Do not try to maintain a given calorie level. If you've been using that tracker for a long time, maybe quit using it for a few months. Don't weigh yourself either. Just relax and eat good healthy food.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase