Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 starting on Sept 1 page

Kris T is offline Senior Member

Whole 30 starting on Sept 1

I just read the guidelines for the Whole 30 program and decided to give it a try. I plan to start on Sept. 1st. That gives me enough time to plan my meals, and finish off the dairy I have in the fridge. Also got online and found how to make clarified butter and going to try that.

Shouldn't be too hard. Except for the dairy and clarified butter I am pretty much eating that way already.

Should be interesting!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting one on 09/09!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Cat804 is offline Junior Member
    I'm starting one on the first too! I finished my first one two weeks ago, and it made me feel great.

Cat804 - how was the one you just finished? Any suggestions or good ideas you could pass along?

Looking forward to getting this started. Will have to have hubby hide the scale though. I am a chronic scale watcher. I think not getting on the scale for 30 days will be the hardest part for me, but also good for me. I tend to get frustrated based on the scale, and not being able to use it will keep me focused.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Day 18 of mine, and I may extend it to the end of September. I've been very compliant, staying off the scale has been tough. I'm a scale watcher too, and it never made me thin!

I would say that it is challenging, and there have been some difficult moments, but all in all it hasn't been that tough, as I was mostly primal to begin with. This summer I had started slipping with my primal commitment (parties and bbqs and such) and I felt I needed a bit of structure to get me back in the groove. Whole 30 has been great for that.

Best of luck to everyone!

I'm on day 21. Did everyone start on Sept 1 as planned? How are you all doing? I'm dying to get on the scale, but I'm not going to. Would love to hear if you've all begun and what your trials and successes look like.

I did start on Sept 1st. So far so good. No issues. I made 12 lbs of beef jerky, have lots of other plans for different foods, and don't have any of the dairy that I enjoy in the house.

Even went out to eat tonight and with rolls, and alcohol at the table, I wasn't even tempted. I plan to stick to it the entire 30 days.

Had hubby hide the scale to keep me off of it for the entire time. I am a scale junky.

How has your 3 weeks gone??? Have you had any struggles as time went by?
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    I start tomorrow, any tips?
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

I just finished my first week. It was pretty easy actually. There were a few times I would have loved to put shredded cheese on my salad, but other than that, it wasn't so bad.

For me, I just made a decision and am sticking to it. Having hubby hide the scale was the biggest plus for me. My mood and eating for stress is a biggie with what the scale reflects. My entire mood will be regulated with the scale. So, since the site said not to weigh for a month, the scale is hidden. That has helped a lot. I am anxious to see what my results will be in another 3 weeks. Also anxious to see what the measurements say. It's like waiting for the lottery results!

Good luck and I hope you have a successful 30 days!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris T View Post
    I just finished my first week. It was pretty easy actually. There were a few times I would have loved to put shredded cheese on my salad, but other than that, it wasn't so bad.

For me, I just made a decision and am sticking to it. Having hubby hide the scale was the biggest plus for me. My mood and eating for stress is a biggie with what the scale reflects. My entire mood will be regulated with the scale. So, since the site said not to weigh for a month, the scale is hidden. That has helped a lot. I am anxious to see what my results will be in another 3 weeks. Also anxious to see what the measurements say. It's like waiting for the lottery results!

Good luck and I hope you have a successful 30 days!
    I know about the scale. It is really tough. I'm on day 28. I will be continuing on to do a Whole 45, as I feel great. I know I've lost several pounds, so I'll report that in when I'm done with Day 30.

So, if you get discouraged, check out the blog on Whole 9 which has the Whole 30 Timeline. It will make you laugh and really relate. It's amazing how close that timeline was to my personal experience.

The best part of the Whole 30 for me has been that my ability to resist unhealthy foods has moved in this direction:
    Pre-Primal: Intense Willpower - almost impossible to resist bad foods for any length of time
    Primal: Ability to consistently and consciously make better choices - major chipping away at the bad pattern
    Whole 30: No desire to eat junk - healthy eating becomes second nature

I experienced a definite "light bulb" with the Whole 30, that I was not able to completely capture by going Primal. Being Primal beforehand, did however, make the Whole 30 10x easier, as I didn't have the difficult withdrawal symptoms that many people experience. Incredibly, the structure of Whole 30 is what seems to have given me ultimate freedom. Somewhat counter-intuitive, but that's how it worked - at least for me.

So keep on going! Continue to check in and be encouraged!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast