Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 starting on Sept 1 page 8

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Jules, welcome and good luck!

Today:
    breakfast: none
    lunch: shepherd's pie (with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes)
    dinner: I roasted some cauliflower and combined it with the leftover duck bone broth, + one peach and one pear
    Last edited by Farfalla; 09-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jules, This is the place to get support and encouragement.

I did well yesterday, however I had some almonds for a snack in the evening, that I probably should have done without.

Today:
    Breakfast - none - this is not good, but it is what it is.
    Lunch - bone broth with baby spinach and eggs dropped in, fresh peach
    Dinner - Grass fed beef, salad, mashed cauliflower, fresh plum

Hang in there everyone!

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Did good today with eating. Didn't get in any real walking though. Was my 2nd day on the job and still going through all the procedures, safety stuff and watching lots of powerpoints and taking tests. Ended the day with a tired heavy head so am just going to go to bed and get lots of needed sleep. Getting back into working after taking 4 months off is kicking my ass.

Tomorrow I am planning to get that IF in. I was hungry tonight, so I ate dinner. Don't want to get the tired head into a headache.

Good to see everyone doing so well and staying motivated. You are all helping me to stay motivated and I very much appreciate that!

Have a great night......I plan to sleep long and hard and wake to a new day tomorrow.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Had a successful W30 day yesterday.
    Today:
    Breakfast - Broth with a couple of eggs dropped in, sliced tomatoes
    Lunch - Collard greens and chicken legs
    Dinner - Same as lunch
    Walking - 4 miles plus body weight exercises

Tomorrow is day 45. As I've been very compliant, I'll report in on any additional weight loss (hopefully).

Hang in there, everyone!

Today:

breakfast: cauliflower soup, leafy greens with olive olive
    lunch: Savoy cabbage stew with pork and sausage
    snack: plums picked directly from the tree
    dinner: one egg with a bit of bacon, tomato

Leisure: 2 hours of reading, 30 minutes of fast walking, 30 minutes of working in the garden, hopefully another two hours of reading before sleeping

Fairly successful yesterday. I am struggling with a bit of snacking on nuts in the evening, so that has to go. I know it is holding back my weight loss a bit, as well as what appears to be my one last holdout with my bad relationship with food. It is not every night, but often enough. Need to not have nuts in the house, I guess. Otherwise W30 compliant.

Today is day 45. I will weigh-in in the morning before I set out for a weekend away.

Breakfast: Eggs and a banana and spinach
    Lunch: Sliced Turkey, avocado and tomatoes
    Dinner: Pork cooked in tomatoes,onions and garlic w/ spinach salad, maybe sweet potatoes
    Walked 4 miles this morning, may go out again with a friend, as the afternoon looks fabulous. So glad I work from home!

Keep going, everyone!

And I feel like having some chocolate. But so far I've resisted.

Today:
    breakfast: kuku sabzi, tomato, endive
    lunch: braised beef with root vegetable sauce
    snack: a bit of pomegranata
    dinner: leftover shepherd's pie

Leisure: hm, not much - mostly work; and the whole day was rainy so I wasn't even tempted to have a walk

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I have been struggling with a headache the last few days. I woke up with a major migraine yesterday morning and was puking in the shower. I am sure it is because I am not sleeping well, and trying to get back into the work schedule. Spending 7 hours of the day in a closed room with fluttering florescent lights isn't helping. Today we finished all the training, and will be finally working tomorrow, so no more florescent lights.

Through all the headaches, I have been sticking to primal and doing well. Have not gotten in any walking or exercising though. Been trying to kick the headache and sleep as much as I can. I will get back into a routine soon though.

Time to get to bed early.

Go Primal!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Quote Originally Posted by Kris T View Post
    I have been struggling with a headache the last few days. I woke up with a major migraine yesterday morning and was puking in the shower. I am sure it is because I am not sleeping well, and trying to get back into the work schedule. Spending 7 hours of the day in a closed room with fluttering florescent lights isn't helping. Today we finished all the training, and will be finally working tomorrow, so no more florescent lights.

Through all the headaches, I have been sticking to primal and doing well. Have not gotten in any walking or exercising though. Been trying to kick the headache and sleep as much as I can. I will get back into a routine soon though.

Time to get to bed early.

Go Primal!
    Hang in there! I think you're doing great. Stick with your eating plan and get that sleep and don't worry about the exercise. You don't need more stress! Hope the migraines improve. I have only had one since I started primal in January and it was that time recently when I ate all that bread. I used to have them regularly and they are debilitating.

Yesterday was day 45.
    I lost a 1.5 lbs, so I'm down 9.5lbs since starting Whole 30.
    I'm down 19 lbs since starting Primal in January, so the Whole 30 was a wonderful push for me to drop a few and clean up my act.

I need to lose about 26 more pounds. Boy that sure is better than the 46 I needed to lose at the beginning of the year. It's slow going for me, but since this is a lifestyle change, I'm confident the weight will come off. I'd like to have it gone by next spring. I'm not one of those people who drops 50 lbs in a couple of months, wish I was!!!!!! Seems like 2-4 lbs a month will be my rate. I'll take it.

I will continue on in general with my W30 template, with the exception of times like this weekend, when I'll just be maintaining a basic primal thing. We have dinner reservations tonight, but not until 8pm, so I will probably hold off eating today until mid afternoon and have a nice W30 meal and not eat again until dinner time. The restaurant is very good, with plenty of Primal options, just not W30, as I know there will be butter and a bit of dairy. I'll do the best I can.

I'll continue to report in here as part of my accountability. Maybe start a general W9/W30 thread. We'll see.

Keep going, everyone.

PrimalCon New York
    19 pounds is excellent! Keep on!

Today:
    breakfast:
    1/2 smoked mackerel, tomatoes
    champignons stuffed with onions and sausage, iceberg salad
    sausage, bell pepper, tomato

Leisure: 2 hours of reading, 2 hours of cooking, a short walk, at least 2 hours of reading ahead of me

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast