Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 starting on Sept 1 page 3

greenporter is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and am curious about the "Whole 30" program but don't see it anywhere. Could you post a link? thanks!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenporter View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and am curious about the "Whole 30" program but don't see it anywhere. Could you post a link? thanks!
    Go on Whole 9 Web page. Meilssa and Dallas Hartwig - They have their Whole 30 plan explained. They have an excellent book "It Starts With Food"

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    OK, I need to decide between being strict and renaming my challenge.

Today:
    breakfast - none, didn't feel hungry
    lunch - beef kidneys braised in wine with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and spices
    dinner - smoked pork knuckle (specifically the fatty rind) with braised kohlrabi; a small bown of raspberries and blueberries (I don't want to eat much fruit during Whole30 but these are in season and I don't want to miss them)

Activity:
    about 1.5 hours of walking

Leisure:
    I plan to spend 2 hours reading before falling asleep
    Whatever it you call it, you're doing great! I switched from TV to reading at night and it sure helps with the sleep patterns, also find the urge for night time snacking disappears when I read. Trying to rebuild that relationship with food. I also turn off my laptop and all other screens at 9PM. This still takes willpower!

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Well, this must be my fifth Whole30. I was very strict the first time. I don't eat much dairy anyway because I can't tolerate it in great quantities, but it doesn't trigger any binges in me. When there is a dish that's really better with a couple of parmesan shavings, I might add them.

I've been eating too much rice and potatoes lately so the purpose of Whole30 this time is to emphasize vegetable side dishes.
    Sorry. From your post it sounded like this was your first round of Whole30. Carry on.

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    Sorry. From your post it sounded like this was your first round of Whole30. Carry on.
    OK.

Today:
    breakfast: pork belly paté with 2 hard boiled eggs, lettuce, scallions and tomatoes
    early dinner: leftover beef kidneys with scallions and iceberg salad

I do not expect to eat anything else today except maybe a few blueberries and raspberries.

Movement: just about 30 minutes of walking

Leisure: I hope to spend about 2 hours reading

I'm on day 30. Doing well. Will weigh myself tomorrow to see how I fared in that category. Am continuing on to at least a Whole 45, as I have some extra poundage to expel from my body and I'm not quite ready to move into the rhythm of regular primal yet.

This has been worth every bit of effort, as it has become almost effortless. Glad I made the commitment.

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! I will keep my fingers crossed for you when you face the scale.

mfultz0429 is offline Junior Member
    I'm on Day 23. I am curious to see how Apple did. I want to weigh but am resisting. I feel better and lighter that has to count for something! I think I will extend mine past the 30 day mark because Im scheduled to end on a Tuesday. I really want to end on a weekend. If I decide to go off plan I want to be near home. Maybe that's just my way of trying to excuse keeping my "training wheels" on. Any seasoned W30 ers have an opinion on going off plan?

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I hope all who are nearing the end have great success!

So far for me this has been awesome. It is easier than I thought it would be.

Tried an 18hr IF yesterday until this morning and I am in shock at how easy it was. No hunger, no fatigue. Awesome!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Whole 30 Results:
    Lost 8 lbs - Yeah! Not bad for someone my age (54). That is the most weight I've lost in a month in years.
    Better Sleep
    More alert all day
    Cravings gone/Most food/eating issues are gone (hopefully permanantly)
    Much less joint pain
    Overall good feeling

I'm continuing on to a Whole 45 - Perhaps a Whole 60, as I still feel I have some work to do on my weight loss journey, and I'm not yet ready to begin adding food groups in yet.

When I do go back to my regular Primal thing, my guess is that I will only add some occasional cheese, a glass of wine on social occasions, and I will be able to be a bit more flexible when dining out or during special occasions (maybe some primal/paleo compliant desserts), however, I will probably keep close to the Whole 30 template for the most part, as I can't see too many reasons to do otherwise. That's all in the future, however.

Sounds like everyone else is doing really well.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast