Thread: Anyone doing Doggcrapp training? page

docpearce is offline Member

Anyone doing Doggcrapp training?

Shop Now
    If so, how have the results been. I've been easing into it for about a month and my body is ready for the full workout. Loving it so far

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    If so, how have the results been. I've been easing into it for about a month and my body is ready for the full workout. Loving it so far
    Hey, back when I was into bodybuilding I used it for 14 months and gained 30lbs with it. You have to eat loads and listen to all the advice on the site. I thought my diet was good but it contained loads of carbs (obviously not after the prescribed carb cut off though). I was eating pasta, bread etc and for the first twenty pounds put on essentially just muscle b/c I had rugby at the same time. Then I hot injured and didn't have rugby 3x a week so that last 10lbs was muscle and fat.

Not sure how I would fare now that my diet is dialled in. Its pretty intense though.
    I used 8 week blasts and 2 week cruises.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    After years of rugby injuries and knowing what I know now I would use something like this (given that my back wont allow for heavy squats etc and that I commute to work twice a week).

DC - easy on joints

Week one:
    Monday
    Incline bench 15rp
    Upright row 15rp
    Diamond pushups 3x15
    Shrugs 15 rp
    Pullups 15rp

Wednesday
    Bi curls 18 rp
    Wrist curls 25 rp
    Uni calf raises 12
    Bike ride

Friday
    Pressups 50 rp
    Lat raises 20 rp
    Tri extensions 18 rp
    Chins 15 rp
    Incline rows 15 rp

Week two:
    Monday
    Reverse curls 18 rp
    Hammer curls 25 rp
    Skipping 3x100
    Bike ride/row

Wednesday
    Floor press 15 rp
    Shoulder press 15 rp
    Close grip bench 18 rp
    Overhead pull a parts 3x50
    Inverted rows 3x10

Friday
    Close grip curls 18 rp
    Plate pinch 3xtime
    Calf raises 50 rp
    Bike work
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    I've tried doing sets dc style for my HIT workouts. It works very well. But I did learn the hard way why you need the cruising phases. I did it for about 10 weeks, and then my strength hit rock bottom. Doing it that way, even with minimal volume, you'll still burn yourself out without the cruising phases.

The thing I liked best about that rep scheme is that it's relatively high reps and so it makes it easier to add an extra rep or more on the next workout. And in my experience, mentally it's a lot easier than lifting maximal weights or anything near it.

I guess the only thing that I personally would modify from a dc style workout structure is the actual setup of the exercises. Because I'm more of a fan of a lower total workout frequency as opposed to working out more days per week. I like the flexibility. My favorite is 2 workouts per week, where I'd split the body into 2 different workouts. I'm not saying that's the best for everyone; it's just what I personally like for me.