Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 75

kitykat is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Jeez kitykat!!! You are freakin' lean! Lots of muscle and Abz too. Do you do bodybuilding competitions?
    No, no bodybuilding. I thought about it for a bit but from my research it seems pretty unhealthy to be that low body fat % and I'm not sure I would like the pressure.
    I think I am pretty lucky that I am naturally really lean and gain muscle really easily.

Thank you all for your compliments blushing now!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitykat View Post
    No, no bodybuilding. I thought about it for a bit but from my research it seems pretty unhealthy to be that low body fat % and I'm not sure I would like the pressure.
    I think I am pretty lucky that I am naturally really lean and gain muscle really easily.

Thank you all for your compliments blushing now!
    I hear ya on that. It does seem like a pretty unhealthy sport. You look amazing how you are. No need for the orange spray tan, etc :-)

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    She's so photogenic my blood pressure just tripled. Jesus I love this thread.

Here's my best effort at returning the favor to all the lovely ladies who've been so very kind to us in this thread:

Well done. Very well done. Really well done. Sweet Jesus.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

SpitFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Well done. Very well done. Really well done. Sweet Jesus.
    I couldn't have said it better.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitykat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Yowsers folks! All looking good.

Rich and Yodiewan, I'm interested in how closely you've followed Choco's prescription for getting a 6 pack on the "6 pack workout" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    *Assuming you lift to maintain muscle during a calorie deficit.

You're going to have to eat very cleanly to get and keep visible abs. The normal "high fat low carb" Primal will probably not do. You're going to have to do a high protein, lower fat, low-to-moderate carb version, most likely. You're going to have to eat maintenance calorie, low fat, high protein, moderate carb during lift days to maintain muscle and eat lower calorie, lower fat, high protein, lower carb during rest days to lose body fat.

If you don't lift heavy weights during your "cut," you will likely lose muscle mass at a similar rate to fat mass, so you'll never achieve the desired muscle definition with a calorie deficit. You'll just get skinny-fat. That's the troubling balance - to eat so well you can maintain a solid training program while on a calorie deficit. It's hard and takes dedication - which is why hardly anyone has visible abs in modern, developed socieities.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Yowsers folks! All looking good.

Rich and Yodiewan, I'm interested in how closely you've followed Choco's prescription for getting a 6 pack on the "6 pack workout" thread?
    Thanks, Misabi!

I can't say with certainty since I haven't tracked/logged my food in a looong time.

Lately I've been eating more carbs than by-the-book Primal, probably around 250g or so on higher carb days if I had to guess. Potatoes, rice, and fruit (and some ice cream ). I've been eating less protein than in the past lately too, but for most of 2012 and part of 2013 I'd say, I was eating Leangains style: lots of starch and tons of lean protein.

I've been lifting weights for about 6 years now.

I honestly think a good deal for me is genetics. Even when I was a scrawny 140lb @ 5'11" I at least had an outline of abs. But there was so little muscle there that they didn't look cut at all.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I eat higher carb on lifting days now than I ever have in the 6 or 7 years since finding primal, but probably never much above 200 g, and never truly low fat. High protein always. High fat/VLC with IF on off days. And I count nothing besides weight lifted and reps performed. But I always did better than the average person on HF/LC, and I subscribe to the theory that it's a very individual matter, so I'm definitely not saying Choco's wrong. But I'm happy with what I'm doing and the results. My mood is great and I'm never hungry. I have no indigestion, ever. These were all problems for me when I was eating junk.
    The Champagne of Beards

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Thanks guys.

Unrelated, but Rich have you seen much of a benefit to your bjj game as a result of your powerlifting adventures?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Thanks guys.

Unrelated, but Rich have you seen much of a benefit to your bjj game as a result of your powerlifting adventures?
    Enormous benefit. But in a way, I'm glad I started before I was strong, because I learned to use technique rather than sloppy application of strength, due to the fact that I didn't have any.

But now that I have some strength to put behind the technique when I need to, I've had the chance to develop a much better top game (was always decent in my guard), and even inspired one of our best brown belts to build his own squat rack.

Just about everybody I train with has commented about how different it feels to roll with me, and how much heavier I am (up to a whopping 148 lbs). Of course, when I need to insist on a particular frame, hook, or grip, I can do so for much longer, because it takes less of my available strength to do so. Not to mention how fun it is when somebody's trying to triangle you just to stand up, walk back to the center of the mats, and wait for their abs to tire.
    The Champagne of Beards

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Despite my best efforts to eat my abs into oblivion in the quest to squat even heavier...they never go away.

Straight out of bed this morning:

Sent via lightsaber

Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast