Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 5

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    That's awesome! So the trick is to not look at the floor?
    That and also don't be afraid of falling- I did go over once but was able to twist out of it and landed on my feet. I felt a little hesitant because I was in my small office and didn't want to fall over onto things, and my house is even worse. I think going to a park with nice grass and so much open space will help a lot. I'm so excited. And honestly just all that practicing felt like a workout in itself.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    First, holy hell Canuck. If I am above ground at 60 it will be a pretty amazing feat....25yo ripped dudes is one thing. 60yo ripped dudes deserve big timer respect Well done.

As for the thread itself....I love it. I will put some of mine up pretty soon.

Is it odd that I am almost always most ripped in the winter though? I mean summer is lots of in-season fruit, little game animals left from last fall's hunting, and a lot of nights out. I still work hard, but it's uphill when it's 80 and sunny all day.

Winter is snowshoeing, CC skiing, almost 100% game animal diet, lots of root cellar veg, and general hard-assness. Summer is so decadent for me....good job to anyone that keeps it together when it's so nice out.
    Lazzy - Doesn't it seem more natural to eat plainly in winter and be lean and ripped by winter's end and spend your summer enjoying seasonal treats and working out harder to build muscle with the extra calories? That's pretty much what every wild animal does, why not us? I always thought it was so backwards to use winter as an excuse to eat lots of comfort food and gain 15 pounds.

In fact, while we are at it, I remember reading a study that said diabetes was actually a survival mechanism so that people living in northern climates could build a thick layer of fat by gorging on summer fruits.

OK, enuf of that...here's me (I'm 48):

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    310#

And a stupid one of me trying not to be so damn little:

Last edited by RichMahogany; 08-29-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Another thread? Lol I love mda this week. All the abs from the guys are making me annoyed that I still don't have abs though.

Attachment 12798

Booty shot it is. Wish I could do an abs shot.
    Imgur.com

tact is offline Junior Member

Motivational Vanity Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Moluv and Diene, handstands are easy. You probably just need to focus more. I've found that doing handstands in dangerous places makes your brain REALLY focus; handstands get easier then.

Hey that guy.... Good seeing you Mr. Anthony.
    Last edited by tact; 08-29-2013 at 07:07 PM.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    First, holy hell Canuck.
    Why can I not see Canuck's pics yet?!! He always makes me think of Sean Connery.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Imgur.com
    Noted.

http://imgur.com/j18DR4t
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    *starts looking for housing in Georgia*
    I will take that as a compliment, haha. I actually moved to NC a few months ago.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Yodiewan, do you ever wear your hair in a top knot?
    I never have. If I knew how to I would, especially now that it's summer. My hair used to be much longer (down to my low back), but I donated most of it last October.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Posted by diene That's awesome! So the trick is to not look at the floor?
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    That and also don't be afraid of falling- I did go over once but was able to twist out of it and landed on my feet....
    So...we keep our head hanging loose and not arched to look at the ground below us? Because I can only hold for a brief bit if I have something behind me and maybe I could stay longer if I tried this...yours looks good moluv!

One thing I've tried is using the *other* leg to push off into the handstand, to try and goof around and also, because it is impossible. Instead of using my leading leg, I make sure to use my other, less-dominant leg. Really hard but I like to think it's making for an ambidextrous workout!

I'm too chicken to post pics

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast