Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 22

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378511471.892262.jpgNo handstand for me but here's me in my 47 year old love handled glory...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member

I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    All you healthy, nice looking, folks make me want to hide in a closet! Either that or go do some squats. Probably hide in the closet, that is why I don't look like y'all! Nice work!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxcarguy07 View Post

I can tell you lift, bro :-)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginafirenze View Post
    absolutely loving this thread -- you women are all giving me such motivation! and guys, well, you're not hurting. can't believe i'm posting these...

me, last summer, after being strict paleo for about two months, running 5k three days/wk, lifting two, and sprinting one:
    Attachment 12899

me, now, lax primal, moving slowly at least 5 hours/wk, lifting once, and reminiscing over my last summer's bod...:
    Attachment 12901

really need to get back to the first picture and improve upon that -- feeling a little down on myself as of late (*cue the violins*). also, please excuse my less than attractive wardrobe selections, i was not planning on posting these pictures for all of MDA to see
    You look gorgeous in both Gina! But I understand how you feel. I had a pretty nice body 14 months ago... and then I gained 20 lbs (because of an ED relapse). I've lost a bit but still feel like I have a long way to go.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I understand what it's like to have you what you want and then lose it! What are you planning to do to get back to photo A? Honestly though, you look great both ways.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-06-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ginafirenze is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You look gorgeous in both Gina! But I understand how you feel. I had a pretty nice body 14 months ago... and then I gained 20 lbs (because of an ED relapse). I've lost a bit but still feel like I have a long way to go.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I understand what it's like to have you what you want and then lose it! What are you planning to do to get back to photo A? Honestly though, you look great both ways.
    yogabare, you are too kind! it's nice someone understands -- i'm sure we will get back to feeling our best soon. i agree that it feels like a long way to go, i think we just have to take it day by day. it also doesn't help that if you're anything like me, you are your harshest critic.

as far as getting back to photo A, i have gone back to cooking most of my meals (and being more mindful of what i eat), started sprinting again, and even started up yoga -- it's been really helpful for me to feel more of a connection to my body. best of luck to you in your recovery - here if you ever need to talk!

Scarlet Begonias is offline Junior Member
    I love this thread!!! Everyone's fit bodies are super motivational. Thanks for sharing!!!

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxsfox View Post
    all I can think now is fk it. Just do it!
    F*ck it indeed and just go for it! You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378511471.892262.jpgNo handstand for me but here's me in my 47 year old love handled glory...
    Ummm, WHAT love handles? You look amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ginafirenze View Post
    yogabare, you are too kind! it's nice someone understands -- i'm sure we will get back to feeling our best soon. i agree that it feels like a long way to go, i think we just have to take it day by day. it also doesn't help that if you're anything like me, you are your harshest critic.

as far as getting back to photo A, i have gone back to cooking most of my meals (and being more mindful of what i eat), started sprinting again, and even started up yoga -- it's been really helpful for me to feel more of a connection to my body. best of luck to you in your recovery - here if you ever need to talk!
    Oh, I can join this club too! This spring and summer have been super stressful and I have not been treating myself well at all. I've gained 10 pounds and while objectively I know still look good, but I feel puffy. I'd love to get back to this time last year. So that means, less take out and less comfort eating. The costume I plan to wear for Halloween involves a bare midriff, so I'd like have visible abs again.

But I guess if this is my "puffy and out of shape" bikini bod, I can't complain TOO much...
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    both of you, hot hot hot

Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast