Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 20

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit
    Here's more of me doing that (since I can't do handstands, yet)
    Thanks to squats I can finally show my legs!

Attachment 12879
    Attachment 12881
    Nice. I've been thinking about getting a bow fire when I move to my new place and have room to shoot one. Never even crossed my mind to go for a long bow!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Here's me. I'm 56. I don't have many pics of me... I'm usually the one holding the camera and I suck at taking selfies.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Damn!!! I wish I will look half as good as you at 56.
    Ah, totally! Goldie - you look amaaazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    @turquoisepassion and gorbag, thank you!

And just in case anyone is having a hard time view THIS on their screen thought I'd offer a little help.
    Hah! Thanks for the help. I do prefer the blown-up version!

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit
    Here's more of me doing that (since I can't do handstands, yet)
    Thanks to squats I can finally show my legs!

Attachment 12879
    Attachment 12881
    Looks like fun. I grew up shooting bows every weekend with my cousin Bobby. Got my first recurve (Ben Person) for Christmas in the 6th grade (circa 1968?). I need to but I don't shoot much anymore but that's all Bobby lives for. Today he's a bower specializing in handcrafted carbon fiber bows. I have one of his older longbows but I just couldn't shoot it as well as I thought I should and got a little frustrated. I've been thinking of trying one of quad-4 (4 layer) carbon bows. He does pretty work and the carbons shoot really well but he gets a hefty price for them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkX_-nCW3F4 (Bobby's vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3vTp9pzaU)
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

picklepete is online now Senior Member

37 miles in 3hr 9min.
    Not so great mph due to water stops but young me would have experienced asthmatic collapse in a quarter of that.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

ODIZZ42 is offline Junior Member
    This thread is awesome!!! Giving me some major motivation to post some pics. Not there yet but hopefully soon!!! keep up the good work everyone!!!

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post

37 miles in 3hr 9min.
    Not so great mph due to water stops but young me would have experienced asthmatic collapse in a quarter of that.
    That's a killer selfie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fenduh is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenduh View Post
    I just joined the site and my first post is in the vanity thread...what's wrong with me?

Anyways...50 years old here. Sorry for the crappy photo but I had to stand back far enough to be under the light so I could take the pic without the flash.

Attachment 12884

PS...I enjoy reading the threads and the camaraderie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Looking good Fendah.

I thing the guy on the right needs to work on his arms though and maybe some squats....
    Actually he's a product of overtraining...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Hey, Bostonian! You look great and it sounds like you are taking really good care of yourself
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

ginafirenze is offline Junior Member
    absolutely loving this thread -- you women are all giving me such motivation! and guys, well, you're not hurting. can't believe i'm posting these...

me, last summer, after being strict paleo for about two months, running 5k three days/wk, lifting two, and sprinting one:
    IMG_1860.jpg

me, now, lax primal, moving slowly at least 5 hours/wk, lifting once, and reminiscing over my last summer's bod...:
    IMG_4283.jpg

really need to get back to the first picture and improve upon that -- feeling a little down on myself as of late (*cue the violins*). also, please excuse my less than attractive wardrobe selections, i was not planning on posting these pictures for all of MDA to see

lxsfox is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Probably the best way to fool people into thinking you are holding your handstands is to take a screenshot from a video. See below:

Even though I can't hold this yet, it's progress toward scorpion/pincha and I'm pretty damn proud of that split second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    This is my first post, but I wanted to tell you that this picture has really inspired me. I'm almost 150kgs (~330lbs), and I've been stalking the MDA forums to psych myself up to go Primal. It's something I've been flirting with for a while (almost 2 years) but never really had the courage to try. A part of me thinks that (at 26, and 140+kgs) it's too late for me. But between all the older people taking their awesome photos and then this one image...all I can think now is fk it. Just do it! This could be me, with the nice body, having awesome fun doing handstands.

So, I guess I'm thanking everyone in this thread for inspiring me to JFDI, and you for showing me how much fun I could have.

(shy now)
    Last edited by lxsfox; 09-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast